“amazing time”

Goose at Gamston
Ranked #168 of 1,385 Restaurants in Nottingham
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We’d like you to leave The Goose with a smile on your face and while that's usually down to the company you’re with, we’d like to think our friendly service, delicious food, convivial atmosphere and warm welcome can help make any occasion special.The practical stuff: it’s always good to know the opening times...Monday to Thursday – 11am till 11pm (food served till 10pm)Friday – 11am till midnight (food served till 10pm)Saturday – 11am till 11pm (food served till 10pm)Sunday – 11am till 10.30pm (food served till 9pm)Playzone – to keep the little ones smilingMonday to Thursday – 9am to 8pmFriday – 9am to 9pmSaturday – 11am to 10pmSunday – 11am to 9pmKids - WiFi - Parking - Family Friendly - Beer Garden - Food
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Came here on the 1st of May to try the new menu, our waitress Alyssa was a fantastic host for me and my elderly Mother. It was fairly busy with a few families in the bit near the indoor play area. Alyssa seemed to be the only waitress working and took her time to speak to us as well as look after other paying quests. Credit to the Goose at Gamston and I will be back with the girls for tipsy tea that was recommended by Alyssa

1  Thank tessgoodman88
Martin_And_Nicci, General Manager at Goose at Gamston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you for taking your time out to leave us such lovely feedback! I will pass on your kind words to Alyssa! :)

We hope to welcome you back again soon :)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Food wasn't very warm. Chip were hard and undercooked. Gammon was very fatty. We only had a cheap lunch time meal. Main menu seemed expensive.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Thank you for taking your time out to leave us a review. We value all feedback so we can always improve! Sorry to hear this was the case on your visit. This is not our usual standard :(

We hope we can still welcome you back for a much better visit in the future :)

If you would like to discuss this matter further please contact us on 0115 9821041

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Had our 3 year old son's birthday party there today and we were well looked after, the party was well organised, it ran smoothly, parents of the children were really complimentary of the party and the kids really enjoyed it. All I had to bring was the cake. So easy, stress free and my little boy loved it. Thank you. Would highly recommend.

Thank you for leaving us such a great review!! :) I'm glad your son enjoyed his party and it was as stress free as possible!!

We hope that we can welcome you back again soon :)

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I was really looking forward to a Sunday lunchtime meal with the family and especially a nice pie but what I got was a lump of concrete with some gravy inside, could only eat it from the lid as you could not cut the side it was as hard as rock. Maybe it was a one off but we won’t be going again.

Sunday lunch was had by other members and it was fairly mediocre and I’m sure the mashed potato was from a packet, I really like my veg just cooked but these felt as though they had just been blanched as we could not get a fork through the carrots.

Thank you for taking your time out to leave us a review. We value all feedback so we can always improve!!

I apologize this was the case on your visit, it should not of been. We usually have great feedback on our Sunday lunch so i hope you give us another try for a much better experience :)

If you would like to discuss this further please do contact us on 0115 9821041

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Had a meal on Fri 27 April and was served by Nicky. The food was ok, nothing out of the ordinary but the service was a lot better. Everything we asked for Nicky provided, she also took the time to talk to the children rather than a rushed service.

Thank you for taking your time out to review us! Nicky will be please that she gave a good impression :)

I hope we can welcome you back again soon :)