1,218 results
All reviews city centre leisure facilities swimming pool mansfield road sauna and steam room tea and coffee main road walk in shower short stay would stay again buffet style cooked breakfast comfy bed full english rakesh gym grosvenor

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn
NicoletaM248, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is desperately in need of some TLC and the rooms and common areas are very run down. My room smelt very strongly of damp and the carpet along side the bathroom was wet. As the room was on the front of the hotel it was a choice between the smell or the road noise.
The only positives of the stay was the bed was comfy (despite only one pillow being provided) and the cooked breakfast was passable.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim W

Dear Kim W,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Park Inn by Radisson - Nottingham. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. At Park Inn, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff in general seemed not to be focused on customer care. We attempted to order a drink from the bar. No staff were present so we thought better of it and headed into town. The breakfast room were very unfriendly with the exception of one very chirpy and approachable young lady. Our bedroom carpet was filthy. There was dust everywhere at head height. I can only assume the the housekeeping staff are very short or very lazy! The bed had no mattress protector and was very worn. Only one pillow for each of us (equally worn) without going on a pillow hunt to reception as the telephone was out of order. The bathroom had a broken mirror. At first glance it appeared to be clean. Upon using the facilities it was apparent that the major problem here is poor drainage as the smell coming from the sink and shower was disgusting. The cold food at breakfast was very good. Hot items were of poor quality and overcooked / stored. The leisure facilities were ok but again needed a good clean and update. To be honest I returned my loyalty card to reception on checkout as if this is a standard of Raddison I would never use one of their hotels again given any other choice. The only good thing was that the parking was free as was the use of the leisure facilities, although given the cleanliness of the latter I would have demanded my money back!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
NicoletaM248, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mark T,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Book here because it had a spa.
On the plus side.. The beds were comfy. The shower was great but no bath. Not a problem there's a spa. Breakfast was standard though I had to ask both mornings for the earl grey. A new box was opened and the thinking behind having it and not putting it out? The first morning breakfast was set out and servist by 1 female who worked really hard and still had time to be polite and smile.
Car park. Tried to park in the covered part but impossible to park due to pillers. Outside the spaces were all uniformed in size. SmartCar size.
The hotel was ok in general but as soon as you entered the room (112). The multi stained carpet was not a good welcome, neither was the cold receptionist at check in. The pool was down a flight from the 1st floor which was good. Tiny gym no prob. not for me i never use them. Pool temp good so was the sauna. The steam room was weak and the jacuzzi was broken. No hotel info in the rooms. Waited till 9 (sunday) to go down for breakfast as thats what it said on the hotel website only to notice in the lift it said 7 on the way down. As it gave the same time for the spa I prob. missed out on my morning swim for nothing but did not want to rub salt into my scrach. No draft cider so ended up in the "slaughtered lamb" across the road for some piss poor strong bow.
Almost forgot the nightmare that had us up till 4am the morning of the wedding started with a call to the hotels 24hour room service. You can have what you like as long as its cold and called a sandwich. The nightmare continued when the justeat takeaway even with the full deails of the hotel complete with postcode, insisted that he would not deliver our order because there are "thousands of Park inn's in Nottingham" and cancilled our order.
I cannot blame the staff totally in these places as you know they are getting minimum wage if that as well as working night and day.
But the 2 nights cost me £175 and I'm not a happy guest. No I did not complain at the venue as I refuse to have them view me as a chancer. I prefer to share my experiences and keep my bp at a reasonable level.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Cicarose,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Park Inn by Radisson - Nottingham.Glad to read that you found the beds comfy and you've enjoyed the spa facilities. I am sorry that other part of your experience did not meet your expectations. At Park Inn, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a functional and relatively busy hotel. It has parking, stable wifi and breakfast spread is OK. The room I had was small - by comparison to Premier Inn / Hilton, carpet well passed its best (borderline health hazard I'd say) and a TV from the 90's. The bed was comfy and the double glazing kept the road and student (pedestrians) noise to a minimum. The air con unit had a habit of making quite odd gurgling noises in the middle of the night. I didn't eat in the hotel, other than breakfast - no need given the location, nor use the gym.

Room Tip: Park around the back and avoid rooms on the front.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear CatterD,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at Park Inn by Radisson - Nottingham.
It is always a pleasure to receive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be an overall pleasant one.