Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
  • Breakfast included
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
US$85
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$65
US$81
US$78
US$74
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
1,757 results
All reviewsthe club loungecar parkcity centresteam roomexecutive roomspa facilitiesbottled waterhen doconcert halltheatre royalone way systembar areareception staffsat navstayed here for one nightsaturday nighttram stop
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have held our christmas party here for the last 2 years running and would highly recommend. The hotel itself is beautiful and the food is always lovely. The staff are super friendly and things run smoothly and efficiently. The drinks are very expensive though (£8 for a glass of house wine) so be prepared for the high prices.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Jenni L

Thanks so much for the very kind review.

I am delighted that you enjoy visiting us for events and its really good to know that you would "highly recommend" us at the Crowne Plaza Nottingham.

Our bar prices are benchmarked against similar venues across the city and we are competitive on all lines. We will always offer promotions for guests who wish to pre-order in advance at a discounted rate.

We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in 2018.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was excited to stay here initially as I’d heard good things, and things started well.. My room whilst small was nice, there was some kind of spray to put on your pillow to help you sleep (shame it wasn’t chloroform, see below) and there were some nice touches. It would be easy to focus on the negatives but I want to add some light and shade here.
I visited the bar to get a drink, the bar was really busy due to various events happening that evening, to be honest I also found the bar quite expensive. I guess that happens in hotels though.

The main gripe isn’t really with the hotel itself if truth be known. The problem occurred at 5am, when from my slumber and dreams of kittens, corn fields and Anne Widdecombe, I was awoken by hardcore dance music. I initially thought that either someone in the next room was having a party, or the tv had come on, but no it was the night club over the road. My room faced the Rock City club side of the building, and from what I’ve since learned is that at 5am to kick people out of the club, they open the doors and turn the music up as loud as possible. The hotel has double glazing etc, and is a little distance away but still it was so loud.

This is clearly an issue with the club, not the hotel. How that isn’t (it probably is) breaking some kind of environmental law I don’t know, but the hotel need to sort the issue out. The music went on for 40 mins but cost an hours sleep.

Therefore, request a room facing away from the club. Guess what, those rooms cost more.

Went for breakfast quite early, waited at the please wait here sign for 5 mins before deciding to just get on with it, I could hear people talking in the kitchen. I had a full English and was just about to leave before any staff appeared from the kitchen, so service there was not great.

It should be better than this for the price point I suppose you’d sum up. Rooms were nice, the hotel looks nice, but the service from most staff wasn’t brilliant, and the complementary 5am rave call wasn’t good, ruined my nights sleep really.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hi Mr_Clueso_Inspects,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate the condition of our room and the hotel. However, I was concerned to see the issues you had with the noise and staff service. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I am truly for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Your comments will be shared with our management team for improvement.

We value you as our guest and hope we can welcome you back and provide you with a better experience in the future.

Kind Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were attending a function at this hotel and told we would get a discount when booking if we quoted this. Not so when we rang to book we were told this applied to a few rooms and they had gone. So our full price was £168 not £99 as we thought. That said we would have been happy if everything else was good. Our room was on the second floor 175 and outside the window was some sort of large dome canopy which completely filled the space and made the room very dark you couldn’t see a thing out of the window. Even worse the room was so tiny barely space to walk past the bottom of the bed to get to the other side and very tiny closet space and no safe in the room. The toilet space was so small that was difficult to use as well and I am quite a small person! Overall not a pleasant place to sleep for the night. The rest of the hotel was fine I.e lobby bar and breakfast. Unfortunately I do not enjoy sleeping in a shoe box for that kind of money and wouldn’t use this place again. The premier Inn around the corner is much better for short stays. I cannot comment on the spa facilities as we weren’t there long enough to use them. Very disappointing.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear flybeLondon_England

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review and for bringing your feedback to my attention.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room. Our rooms do vary in size and I am sorry that we were on this occasion not able to offer you one of our larger room types due to levels of business.

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again at some stage in the future when if you contact me in advance I would be happy to check availability of a different room type for you higher up the hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is everything you expect from a luxury hotel the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The club lounge facility is a great option and would make me return. The bar area is large and modern and reception is efficient, polite and helpful. The spa facility is small with a pool hot tub and steam room with a number of treatment options. Down side would be the lack of parking or discount parking for hotel guests Overall a pleasant stay and I would return despite the unavailability of free parking

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Olympian1981

Thanks so much for the very kind feedback following your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Nottingham.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the stay and that you will return and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As previous experience, Crowne Plaza hotels seem to think that they are much more than they really are. For the price, the room was small with an old bathroom and outdated plumbing. Amenities were basic in the room. The choice at breakfast was suitably wide, but the quality of some of it was average - very much flattering to deceive

Having said that, the staff couldn't have been friendlier which is saying something for a hotel in the centre of Nottingham on a Saturday night. The spa & pool are small but worth an hour if you have the time spare.

And it wins on location for the main evening cultural experiences.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Galabackhome

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with elements of the stay but pleased that you found that the team "couldn't have been friendlier" as this is totally within our control. I will speak to the team regarding breakfast as this is unusual.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again at some stage in the future when if you contact me in advance I will be happy to take care of the arrangements personally should you wish.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.