“Disappointing”
Review of Cafe Koselig

Cafe Koselig
Ranked #529 of 1,404 Restaurants in Nottingham
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We had heard good things about this place so decided to pay a visit. Although there was a good choice of quirky cakes and we had a decent cup of coffee, we found our whole experience disappointing.
The cafe is extremely narrow, like it has just been stuffed behind the main shop as an after thought. I'm sure some will love it but my friends and I just felt cramped, especially as we had bags with us.
If it were in a bigger location I wouldn't hesitate in going again, but not in the current location. I would actually worry that if it were full and there was a fire that there would be problems evacuating.

1  Thank sara147251

Reviewed 10 September 2018

I went to Koselig with friends who live in the area and we fancied coffee and cake. The entrance is through the 'Room full of butterflies' but look for the cake display in the window!

Coffee comes in a cafetiere in various sizes with milk and sugar on the side and is very good (if you want a cappuccino or other fancy varieties go elsewhere).

The cakes are excellent and cater for vegans / coeliacs etc and there's also a choice of savoury options. After a lot of ditherhing we opted for a choice of cakes that we shared and a couple of the savoury options. The food is heavenly and it's reasonably priced so I can't wait to go back soon!

2  Thank L0vescats
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I visited for the first time yesterday and was so impressed with this hidden gem. I really can't praise it enough. It's my new favourite cafe in Sherwood, I'm looking forward to going back to work my way through the menu! My partner is unable to eat gluten and there were plenty of options for him to choose from (including a very tasty plum, rose and almond cake)
I had the smorgasbord which was delicious, and a cinnamon bun which was the best I have ever tasted! The owner was really sweet and attentive, she made you feel welcome like you were a guest in her home. Highly recommend this place. It looks like they have also started doing craft events like knitting evenings and print workshops which i'm going to check out.

4  Thank KMeacock
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday morning. Delicious coffee and waffles and they’re developing a nice little play space out the back for the littlies. Only downside was that it’s so popular there were no tables when we went soon after opening. Sat outside on the street tables until one available though and service still great. Lucky Sherwood!

1  Thank writemerich
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Without a shadow of a doubt the best cakes in Sherwood. Intelligent, attentive owner who really understands food.