“Excellent good sized tapas”
Review of The Bakehouse

The Bakehouse
Ranked #6 of 10 Bakeries in Nottingham
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Description: We are a Nottingham based artisan bakery serving breads and cakes freshly made on site in our open plan bakery. We also have a cafe space where you can sit and enjoy a range of salads and sandwiches alongside a fine cup of 200 Degrees coffee. In the evenings we transform in to a Micropub showcasing some of Nottingham's fantastic breweries, as well as some great wines, gins and whiskey!
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Excellent good sized tapas; beetroot, stilton and walnut was fabulous. The oil and balsamic dip was luscious; thick, syrupy balsamic, good oil with nice soft bread. Tiger prawn flatbread good to share. Took home some expensive sausage rolls which received mixed reviews; loved by some but too peppery for others. Will be back for more tapas and Prosecco.

1  Thank Annette R

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Been here only twice, because Crimson Tree was closed, both occasion service was very poor. Had to find a menu myself, nag for our order to be taken etc.

The bread on my sandwich was inedible, dry and plain. Weird considering they are supposed to be known for their bread...

5  Thank josstick17
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Went to lunch there on impulse. Friendly enough service. Only seemed to serve bottled beers, however some locally brewed.

The bread served was superb (as you would hope from a bakery!). The oil and balsamic dip was excellent. Good quality oil and thick syrupy balsamic.

Had the fresh pesto pasta. Again good quality pesto, oils, pine nuts etc. The only thing I would say is some of the pasta hadn’t been coated properly after cooking so had gone quite dry and hard. But apart from that it was great.

Will be going back at some point.

thebakehousenotts, Owner at The Bakehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write the review and also for your kind comments.

We had our own beer brewed for us by Welbeck Brewery on draft until just last week but we’ve taken our lines off until further notice so as you say it’s just just bottles at the moment.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to The Bakehouse a number of times, but have never left a review, but this time I feel I need to... The Bakehouse has it all! Quality food, great coffee and amazingly helpful and lovely employees!
On Sunday, The Bakehouse was so so busy but the team there still delivered great service, I ordered from the brunch menu (after taking ages to decide what to have as the choice was incredible!) the coffee was so good, I bought a bag to take home with me!
I highly recommend The Bakehouse to everyone! If it’s too busy to get a seat, grab a sausage roll (or 4!) to take away! They are addictive.

4  Thank PFW492V
thebakehousenotts, Owner at The Bakehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave a review. We’re pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience. We aim to provide friendly and attentive service at all times.

Thanks you again. See you soon.

Craig

Reviewed 21 July 2018

I really don't like leaving bad reviews but the services at the Bakehouse has been poor three times in a row, so hopefully the owners will take the feedback on board and do something about it. I have visited plenty of times and things have been fine, the food is good and the service has been ok, never the warmest from the waiting staff but the counter staff have been great for takeaway orders. On one recentish visit the waitress was loudly crashing furniture around in the attached store room, imagine dragging wooden chairs over a wooden floor. In the end we asked if she would close the the door as we couldn't hear ourselves think. Someone came in to talk to her and she left the door open so it just carried on again. On another recent visit on a weekend morning I sat outside, but popped my head in first to check that someone would take my order just so that they knew I was there. No one came for ages, far longer than is reasonable, and the place wasn't at all busy. Eventually Johnny Puztai the butcher came and sat at another table and he was soon served. Eventually the waitress came with some water and a menu, but they weren't serving breakfast or bunch, only tapas, so I gave up - how many people want tapas before 11am? I gave the place a miss for a while as both experiences put me off, but tried again today. Again we sat outside, but in view of the main counter. Again we were left for ages while the woman swept the floor. I think there may have been two other people inside as eventually someone went to them but we were left for ages. Surely you sweep the floor before you open? Or at least check on your customers and go back to your sweeping in between? When the waitress eventually came she didn't bring a menu, and looked surprised that we would even want one. When we asked if they really were open - it was 8:40 and the website and sign on the door both say they open at 8:30, she said that they don't do food until 9am. The last two times I've been (and given up and left) we were served (or not) by the same woman who really can't seem to manage a smile or any warmth or customer service at all. I give up now, there are much nicer places in Sherwood with proper customer service and friendly staff.

10  Thank Crintoul