“Deserving of its status”

The Cods Scallops (Mansfield Road)
Ranked #19 of 1,400 Restaurants in Nottingham
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I ate the standard fish, chips and mushy peas, everything tasted great, and it’s well deserving of all the great reviews it receives, it was extremely busy today at lunch which meant me waiting 15 minutes for a table to eat in as they had some large tables in. The staff although very very busy were still attentive with all the customers.

The only thing I can complain about ( and this is very picky) is where to order from, the takeaway counter is at the front of the shop so you go there first but that’s not where you order eat in food from which is next to it but not signed-I might have missed it, who knows?

Reviewed 7 October 2018

To mos t a chipy is a chippy, but i dont know what it is about this place but always find fish really nice and batter has a distinctive diferrent taste to most in a good way!

i look forward to my friday treat every week!

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Visited here with some friends on their recommendation. Wow. What fantastic fresh fish. A number of us had the Haddock - which was unbelievably light. The batter was also very very light and not heavy in any way. The mushy peas were top notch and the homemade tartar sauce finished the experience off well.

As you would expect there is NO reservation service - but the wait time was only 10 mins. We were there a couple of hours and the number of take-away waiters never dwindled - it was constantly busy

Highly Recommended!!

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This place is absolutely sensational. I will never go anywhere else for my fish and chips! Fresh, huge fish and really fair portions! The way it's packed is really smart also.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I have visited both the Bramcote branch and this branch of Cods Scallops and all I can say I will never get my fish and chips from anywhere else. The variety of fresh fish is amazing, with the option to have it grilled or fried simply amazing. Customer service is always on point. Highly recommended to eat in or take out equally as good.