“Don't want to see a film anywhere else”
Review of The Forum Cinema

The Forum Cinema
Ranked #2 of 3 Fun & Games in Hexham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 28 February 2017

We feel very lucky to have this very special cinema close by. There is a good variety and selection of the best films that are around as well as live performance feeds and encore performances of the best theatre and operas. This cinema has so much charm and is a welcome change from the multi screens complexes. It is very community orientated which we like. The cafe is good too with a selection of treats for before and during the performance. We really are reluctant to see a film a anywhere else.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"tickets"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 14 February 2017

In such an intimate venue, it's important that the staff like people. And they do. From tickets for films to ice-cream and coffee, their service is efficient, helpful and friendly. The auditorium is small but comfortable, with good sight-lines and a sweet audio system.

1  Thank julescadie
Reviewed 6 October 2016

This is a wonderful original venue in Hexham town. A small, intimate cinema with plenty of leg room, good ticket prices and a varied programme that included NT Live screenings as well as current releases. Drinks and a piece of cake can be had during the day in the cafe and it makes for a comfortable and relaxed place to have a break.

1  Thank suejen83
Reviewed 14 September 2016

This cinema is the real thing, lovely traditional picture house, well kept, attentive and caring staff and comfortable seating with leg room as it used to be. It has a good, comfortable café/bar area for a pre film drink. Showing films on current release at affordable prices.
We can't wait to return.

1  Thank RoyD22
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

The Forum Cinema is great, yeah like most independent cinemas, they don't have films on release date. However saying that recently I saw the latest James Bond film, Spectre, the same week it was released!

For the most part, if you can wait a week or two to see the newest movies your gonna get for your price very cheap tickets, cheap snacks, drinks and popcorn all in a nice theatre with comfortable seats.

For my money I get seats and drinks which are much cheaper than the likes of Odeon and I don't have to travel 30+ miles to do so! I love Independant theatres! And it's why at every chance I try to support them! Sometimes I want to see a movie as soon as it comes out so I head down to Odeon, however this is on a rare occasion.

Why would I want to head to Odeon when I can get much cheaper tickets, cheaper popcorn which I think is personally better and sweets for much less than Odeon could ever offer.

Yes, it's a traditional cinema so the decor reflects that's but it's all the personality of it. It's clean and cleaned after every movie. Sound and visuals are what you'd expect never had a problem. The 3D isn't my favourite, I prefer the RealD offered in other cinemas but I get that it might be more expensive, however I barely watch films in 3D so this isn't a problem!

If your local or in the area, this place is definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank danbradley2015