“Nephew and niece Daytrip”
Review of Riverside Hub

Riverside Hub
Ranked #6 of 29 Fun & Games in Northampton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There's fun for the whole family at the Hub. For babies there is a dedicated under 2's area, as well as a separate baby sensory room. Toddlers have their very own specially designed toddler village, set apart from the larger children. Over 5's can explore the huge World of Play 4-storey playframe with it's 20 different themed countries and zones. There are electric go-karts to race around on, a beautiful new carousel, an 11m high tree to climb, a 2-storey laser tag arena and more! Adults are welcome to join in the fun as the entire venue has been designed so that adults can play alongside their children. If you'd rather just relax, there is a cafe, located within clear site of the whole venue, where you can enjoy a cuppa whilst the little ones have a great time! Riverside Hub is the ideal venue for childrens parties. We have a stunning range of party rooms - Pirates, Princesses, Dinosaurs and even a Unicorn Room. Visit our website to find out more...
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great afternoon at Riverside Hub.
We ran around the massive soft play area, we fired sponge balls from the cannons, we played laser quest, kids and adults can both enjoy them selves here. Staff very helpful and friendly. I lost my car keys and were quickly found and returned.

The kids certainly wore them selves out.

Highly recommended

Ellis P, Owner at Riverside Hub, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time out to review Riverside Hub Nick.

It's always great to hear of families having fun times at the Hub.

I do hope you can come back and visit us again soon.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"little girl"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We visit regularly as a family and childminding (and we’re no local). It’s the only indoor play that offer more then just a climbing frame. There is a Carousel, Climbing wall, sensory room, go karts and much more that are all included in the entry price. I seem to lose my kids for hours here and I can enjoy a coffee and restaurant quality food in peace. Also, I have 2 autistic children, OMG do they go out of their way to accommodate their needs. It gets bigger and better every time we visit.... AMAZING.

Ellis P, Owner at Riverside Hub, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you for such a lovely review Kelly.

We are working hard on constant improvements here at the Hub and reviews like your only spur us on to keep improving.

I do hope your family can continue to enjoy lots more fun Hub visits - we have some very exciting new play features to be unveiled soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Good place for kids for all ages lots of activities to do they will never get bored friendly staff and okish food recommend.

Thank you for recommending us Cristian.

I do hope we can welcome you back again to the Hub again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Awesome,brilliant play centre and the fact that things like go karts and the climbing wall are included make it even better. We are all ready going back next week

Ellis P, Owner at Riverside Hub, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for your review David.

Great to hear you are loving the Hub.

Our all-inclusive priving policy is a real winner, as children and adults can have as many goes as they like on laser tag, go-karts, carousel, climbing tree etc. so it makes for a great value day out.

I do hope you really enjoy your next visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I have previously given this place a 5 star review but today I felt extremely let down.

I travelled from Buckingham and it cost £20 by train + taxi to get here.
We rarely do it because of the cost but when we do it’s normally worth it.

Firstly - it was heaving. There was not a single table available ANYWHERE but people were saving tables with their belongings on for long periods of time and were nowhere to be seen. There was even a man sitting on the same 4 seater table for the entire time on his phone with just a drink. This meant I had to feed my 1 year old whilst I stood up and being pregnant also that was not very comfortable. It also meant I could not eat because we had no table to sit at.

The toddler village was full of children much taller than the height restriction - one was taller than me. Two ran past my child and were about a cm from sending him flying. One older girl was swivelling around on the spinny chair and nearly reversed into my son. Another older boy was throwing lots of balls out at speed from the ball pit and hit me on the head. I went to look for a member of staff to explain this to but I couldn’t find anyone and there was a queue for the reception desk.
Usually they are good at checking the areas but not today. The older kids have a huge frame and other activities the babies and toddlers do not! My son didn’t even manage to go in the ball pit because it just wasn’t safe with all the big kids and lack of parental supervision.

It was not enjoyable and we left and walked in the rain so I could eat elsewhere. On the way out there was a long queue to get in but quite where all those people were going with all the full tables I don’t know?!

Big disappointment :(

Ellis P, Owner at Riverside Hub, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know of your frustrations Charlotte.
I am sorry that your visit fell short of the standards you have experienced on previous visits.

There are a few changes happening soon at the Hub that may make your future visits more enjoyable.

We are about to re-design our toddler village and remove the age restriction on it, so children of any age can use it, but they must play nicely. This area will be renamed role-play village.

Then we are about to open up a large brand new area that will be exclusively for under 5's. Also one of our sensory rooms will change to become babies only.

We are about to start work on a family sensory room, which will be open to everyone, so that larger children will no longer want to enter areas designed for younger children, as they will have their own specific sensory room.

On our very busiest days (almost always rainy days), if you are struggling to find a table, please speak to a member of our team and we will find somewhere for you.

I do hope this recent experience has not put you off visiting the Hub. If you visit us on a sunny day you will find the Hub to be a much more enjoyable place to be than it is on a rainy one. There are far less queues and the venue has a nicer, more relaxed ambiance when it is not full.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.