All reviews indian menu two double beds buffet breakfast car park duty manager business trip stayed for one night town centre wedding inns venue motorway silverstone
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely place to stay. Arrived late at night so didnt have time to find anywhere to eat. We didn't need to. The restaurant was fantastic. I needed to go to the university the next day. Started the day with a lovely breakfast. My wife used the gym here while I walked to the university. Great stay thank you

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
George I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for the great review and really happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Second visit at this Hotel. Positive the Bathrooms are renovated. The rooms have a good size. The rooms are clean. For British standard they are very clean.
The beds are ok. WiFi works good with a good bandwidth. Improvement in the breakfast will be good.

Trip type: Travelled on business
George I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Dear Torben W,
Thank you for the feedback.
We will look into the breakfast, thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

It is hard to write any major positives or negatives about this place. It is a standard, fairly soulless franchised hotel. It is near the motorway which is good, likewise only 1 mile or so from the town centre. Car park is free which is great BUT you must enter your car registration at reception or you get a £100 fine.

We had a suite which was a nice size but really it was just one big room. Bed comfortable, in room furniture dull colours and air con a bit noisy.

Staff in the hotel were universally really friendly and nice, a credit to the whole team.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
George I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear grwpl,

Thank you for the review about Holiday Inn Northampton.
We will go through a refurbishment process in 2019 which will make the bedrooms and the common areas much better.
And thank you again for the comment about the staff, really appreciate it.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I thought I couldn't go wrong with a Holiday inn... sadly I had a terrible stay. If it hadn't have been so late when I checked in, I'd have switched to another hotel. It took an hour for them to find me a suitable room. The first had a broken window so the room was freezing. They brought me a heater which smelt of burning, i raised the concern to which they initially dismissed until it had activated a pre-fire alarm. The 2nd room stank of smoke. The 3rd room had someone already in it. Finally the 4th room I was given an accessible room an hour after I'd arrived. Dated, shabby rooms. I was too exhausted to care at 23:45 and an early start. Breakfast to room was of course poor and the incorrect order. - really was fed up by then. I would not recommend.

Trip type: Travelled on business
George I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Jen C,
Thank you for the review.
I will investigate this issues and have a discussion with the night staff to why this happened and relay the information about breakfast to our restaurant manager.
Again, our sincere apologies for the issues. The rooms will be refurbished beginning of 2019 and we will look into the service right away.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

I stayed 4 nights here, as I was attending the open day at New Lodge Vineyard in Earls Barton, and my usual (5 or 6 times a year) hotel in Sywell was fully booked. Well, now I am going to stay here instead. I had an executive room, recently refurbished by the look of it. It was a good size and well furnished. Large television, hairdryer, safe, and even an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe, along with tea/coffee making facilities. Mini bar stocked only with water, but that's something, at least. Comfortable bed, that felt fresh and clean, and adequate pillows. A good bathroom makes all the difference - it is attractive, plenty of space for washbag contents and even a shaving/magnifying mirror. The shower was over the bath, with a glass screen that worked and good grohe fittings. Only criticism would be that the bath plug mechanism did not work, so struggled to remove bath plug with fingers, and on third day, returned to room to find that the chamber maid had cleaned the basin and rammed the plug in that so hard that that plug mechanism didn't work either and what's more, couldn't get the plug out at all!
Can't comment on food, save for the breakfast my husband ordered in the room. It was OK - that's all. Coffee way to strong, toast cold and on a plate instead of being covered in a basket - but bacon eggs and sausage all cooked well and he ate them. The one window in our room had a restricted tilt opening, so I imagine it could have got hot in the summer, but there a large heating/cooling unit on the wall beneath. I would just mention that the road it quite noisy when the window is open - but requesting a room on the other side should fix that.
What really stood out for me, was the excellent service, and I don't praise service very often, as I expect good service as a minimum. The staff at reception were attentive, capable and professional. They were a credit to the Holiday Inn brand. As I said earlier, I'd much rather stay here in future. The good road links mean I can get to where I want to be very quickly.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Betternowthannever
George I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Betternowthannever,
Thank you for the great review for Holiday Inn Northampton. We do pride ourselves with the service we provide and next year we will also undergo a refurbishment, although the windows will stay the same as it is a security measure.
Thank you again for your review and if there is anything we can help with while you stay with us please let the reception team know asap so we can address it while you are at the hotel.