All reviews secure parking town centre a family run hotel full english beans cooked breakfast fantastic value family room bit dated excellent breakfast room was spacious budget hotel main road following morning mary racecourse fridge
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Stayed here for one night as myself and my dad needed to be close to the university for the next day's open day. As some of the other reviews have suggested, the rooms are a little tired and probably in need of a bit of a spruce up and being honest, I probably felt it could be a bit cleaner but I am a bit wary about cleanliness per se so it may be more of a personal thing. For the price that you're paying it isn't so bad and when we booked we got breakfast included which was a nice touch and you'd probably expect to pay extra for that if you were to stay in a different budget hotel chain's hotel. The staff are accommodating, polite and overall this hotel fits all your basic needs which if you're in Northampton for business or something like visiting the uni like I was then it's great for that.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This is a hotel for trades people and mostly long stay. The owners are available to meet needs. The hotel is tired but clean and towels and bed linen clean. I personally wouldn’t stay again mostly because it realy isn’t a hotel for a woman travelling alone.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Stayed there this week on business having stayed at the Travelodge the previous week. About the same price but in my opinion a far nicer hotel. Maybe not as modern as the Travelodge but more than made up for by the staff and service.

Rooms are clean and tidy with plenty of storage. Clean hot shower with free wifi that works really well (wifi at the Travelodge £3 per night). Room service changed all the normal things daily and free tea and coffee making facilities in room.

The included breakfast is excellent and gets you off to a good start for the day -- no breakfast at the Travelodge.

The owners of the hotel are very friendly nad approachable.

I have never written a review on here before but I thought this hotel worthy of a good review.

If you are lloking for a budget hotel in Northampton this will take some beating. I will be in Northampton in a months time on business again and this is where I willl be staying.

Enough said !!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tigertiling
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Large building. Bright & Clean but here and there needs a little tlc. Room spacious with plenty of storage. WIFI. Large dinning room. ( didn't eat there) Check when car park locked as drive to it not easy Make sure you request lower floor if you have disability as long walk up stairs.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Before I write chapter and verse about this hotel, let me start by saying I fully understand that you often get what you pay for… If you want opulence and over service then it doesn't come cheap.

However if, as in our case you wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful for a couple of nights either side of a golfing trip with friends without costing a fortune then our expectation would be a budget hotel which covers the basic requirements, is clean and doesn't smell!

Unfortunately for us we picked The Langham Hotel and quickly found we had made a huge mistake!

Two things struck us immediately on entering the Langham, firstly was the musty smell and secondly how dated and run down this place was.

In an attempt to keep this review from becoming a novel here is a list of some of the many issues we endured.

A musty smell throughout the hotel.
mould and hair in the shower.
Hair in the beds.
unidentified stains in the bed ( Eww!)
Broken windowpanes with Perspex selotoped over then, and an apology note in the room about the broken glass (I wonder how long the note had been there?)
The extractor fan in the bedroom sounded like a fairground diesel generator.
One of our party advised one of the springs in his bed was sticking through the mattress, resulting in no sleep.
No ice available in the bar, so the manager gave us a bowl of Doritos as compensation.. You really couldn't make this stuff up !
The breakfast was barely edible and uninspired..

Given the above we decided we really didn't want to stay for a second night(Saturday) so our group went to reception to discuss cancelling the second night stay, we spoke to the manager and he advised us to cancel the second night on Booking.com and if he could sell the rooms he would then give us a refund.
Over the next couple of days while golfing (At Whittlebury Park Hotel) we periodically checked the website and found there were no rooms available, we also phone the hotel and it was confirmed by a lady on the reception that no rooms were available, problem solved?... Err No!
We later spoke to the manager again on the Friday evening and he informed us the rooms were booked by some contractors and it wasn't a definite booking and that the lady on reception should not have told us there were not rooms.
Saturday came and went and no rooms were available on the website so our organiser called the manager to request the refund.
At this point he denied making any verbal agreement to make a refund ( despite this being said in from of 6 of our party) and said there would be no refund. He then went on to say (at a later point) if we were staying in the area again he would give is a free stay, so why would he offer that if no agreement was made? and given everything that is wrong with this dump, who in their right mind would want to go there again!

In conclusion:

If you want a second rate Fawlty Towers this this place is for you!

If on the other hand, you are looking for a 'Cheap and Cheerful' hotel my recommendation would be to find a local Travelodge ( or similar), they may be basis but they at least clean and smells ok.

AVOID for the sake of your sanity and possibly your health!!

1  Thank Mike S