1,485 results
All reviews standard hilton steam room spa facilities good size two double beds room was large the ground floor breakfast was excellent evening meal family room bar area plenty of parking stayed here for one night saturday night member of staff car park motorway
Reviewed 7 November 2018

The location is great which is why I chose it - stayed 2 nights. The room was basic but needs an overhaul - certainly not up to Hilton standard! The lighting in the entrance area which by the way is big and looks like an airport lounge, is that bright glaring orangey colour that just needs to be turned down or the shade changed - very clinical overall. The lounge area is small and really unwelcoming with the music blaring loudly in your ear. People like to relax and chill but their public areas don't seem to afford that luxury - ok if you want a bar meal or just waiting for someone but otherwise, most unimpressed. The prices are ridiculous - £12.50 for a large glass of white wine - absolutely crazy - I get cheaper in the centre of London! I bet most people just have one drink and then go out to eat/drink - they will lose custom - better to have the customer that stays and has 2 or 3 drinks at £7.50 than 1 that has one at £12 and then leaves never to return! The upside is that the food was pretty good. I work a lot in Northampton and would have liked to have this as my weekly choice of hotel but given my experience, I'll give it a miss thanks!

Room tip: No lift so if you have mobility issues, make sure you get a room on the ground floor!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JulieJames
hiltonguest, General Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Dear JulieJames,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at the Hilton Northampton.

We very much appreciate all your feedback as this enables us to view the hotel from a guest perspective. We do not wish any of our guests to leave less than satisfied so have taken on board your comments regarding the drinks prices and shall forward this to our Head Office for review.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Unfortunately as Hilton this is not...Just reading a number of reviews on the hotel, yes I should have done this before I booked...Well its shocking... the rooms are dated despite a manager saying in 2017 that they would be updated...The bathroom is very dirty and also dated...there was no remote for the TV and no in room service menu...No air con and the prices are ridiculous...15 quid for a burger 11 quid for a large wine!!!!..and to top of it a 5 pound service charge for room service....Hilton you have let yourself down..I have stayed with Hilton several times and has always been my preferred hotel supplier...how ever after this experience I will be reviewing mine and my company hotel policy and I think Hilton will not be on the list...Hilton remember it only take one bad experience to have an impact...you have really let yourself down!!!!

Room tip: Don't bother, there are better hotels for better prices in Northampton
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Tim K,

Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you our usual high level of service and standards in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

This trip was for me and my three children, all girls. We went to relax and spend some quality time together. The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and very spacious. The only down side was the Ladies changing room was dirty and the pool could do with a deep clean. Food and drinks are very expensive, £3.83 for a diet coke is taking the mick a bit I think, it's Northampton not London. The breakfast is excellent with so much to choose from. For a girly pamper and get together I think I will stick to De Vere Hotels.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
hiltonguest, General Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2018

Dear TraceyL1484,

The Livingwell Manager would like to apologise for the changing rooms not being as clean as possible when you visited the Health Club. This is now being monitored closely to ensure this doesn't occur in the future,

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Great customer .......service fantastic room service and breakfast is fantastic!! The food is fresh and of high quality even when we had room service the food was fresh and great quality and hot it was made fresh great service......

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Sharon F,

We were extremely pleased we were able to welcome you to the Hilton Northampton, and would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to be a part of such a special occasion.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Stayed here for one night as we had a function to go to.

The hotel is on the edge of Northampton, a few miles from the town centre.

Check in was swift. We had a double queen room but no upgrade even though I am a gold member but breakfast was included.

The room was comfortable enough, a LCD television. Two queen beds, we had a view of the car park and the field.

The bathroom was a tub and shower with Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries.

I used the hotel small swimming pool and sauna, checked out the fitness room.

The breakfast was a buffet variety. You can order omelettes, there were hash browns, croissants. You could make your own waffles and pancakes.

The price of this hotel can vary a lot so it is sensitive to events that happen nearby.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear PrestonGuild,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.