All reviews town centre bus station central location superior room market square changing rooms few minutes walk floor room car park per night buffet style free wifi business trip leisure facilities weekend stay shower head the room was nice
Reviewed 9 December 2016

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
NorthamptonPI, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2016

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Booked in for a sat night with husband, great hotel, perfect location to town centre.
Will give 5 stars for the room as could not find any fault with it, checking in and out also a 5 star but the bar area is a minus 1, arrived ordered a Coke, after a lot of to do it was a no can do as the it's off, so after a long wait as the waitress didn't know how to operate the till as it had apparently all changed, we ordered the famous burger for my husband it was dry and tasteless, I had the goujons the roll was so hard it was inedible, the chips was delicious best part of the meal, then I went to the bar to order a rose wine before I went up to our room to be told can you pay by card (by the way this was mid afternoon) as we cashing up, ummm no wine then as hubby had our card and popped into town, apart from that I will return and recommend the hotel but not the bar or eating there at lunchtime

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baconandeggs1

Dear Baconandeggs1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Please let me apologise for the service that you received in the bar and also the poor standard of the food. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard at all and I will sure to pass these comments on to the Food and Drink Manager.

I do hope that this doesn't deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I can't review the hotel itself because they canceled a confirmed reservation at short notice. I just want to alert you to how they do business.

On 20th August 2016 I reserved two rooms at the Park Inn by Radisson Northampton. We are attending the Leinster v Northampton rugby game at Franklin Gardens on 9th December and we anticipated that hotels would be busy. I got two rooms at £65 per room, confirmed by email.
On 23rd November - four months after I booked - I was shocked to receive a mail saying that the Park Inn has over-booked and that we must find another hotel.
I travel extensively so I was immediately suspicious. You don't just 'over-book' accidentally. I suspected that the real agenda was to bump off the early-bookers - people like me who had booked early at a good price, and resell to late bookers who would pay more. So I called the Park Inn and asked to book two rooms for 9th December 2016 and... great news! They could accommodate me ... but at £101 per room!
I managed to find rooms at the Hilton, which is a better hotel but almost 5 miles away, and taxis will add significantly to the cost of the trip.
If you're considering staying here - my advice is "don't". Their action here stinks of greed. Ask yourself, how else does their greed manifest itself in the business? Do they cut corners to save money? Hygiene? Facilities? Safety? Will they put their financial well-being before your general well-being? Hopefully not - and I've no evidence to suggest otherwise - but why take a chance? Hospitality is based entirely on trust - a hotel that nickel and dimes loyal customers in this way can't be trusted and should be avoided.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
9  Thank Boblee0207
CarlsonRezidor, Customer Care at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience. We regret to hear about the issue with your booking and that you were unable to stay at the hotel as a result. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and have shared it with the hotel management to review.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

couldnt be closer to the town centre. Very good value for money given the standard of facilities. Would recommend for business or a leisure break. Unusual to find a modern city centre type hotel with such facilities so close to a town centre but also be very quiet

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
NorthamptonPI, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Dear K7319CUstevet,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It's great that you found the hotel to be good value for money with the facilities that you required.

I do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Overnight on a work day. had a superior room on the 6th floor which was very nice, well equipped, spacious and a good bed, what more could you want. WiFi worked well and the breakfast was OK, a bit of a language barrier when i asked for 2 poached eggs didn't realise i had caused a stir until the third Waitress came and asked if i was really looking for two Pork chops! still made me laugh! Good parking and a good central location.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am really pleased that you had a good stay with us and liked the Superior rooms. I can only apologise for the confusion with your poached eggs, which I hope you received in the end.

I look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.