All reviews free wifi budget hotel walk in shower grange park wet room cooked breakfast good nights sleep an evening meal air con modern hotel good size staff were polite business trip enjoyed my stay excellent value for money would stay again full english
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

I've stayed at the Campanile hotel in Northampton a few times over the course is the year, it being handy for the business we've been doing down there.

First impressions are of a modern facility, slightly unusually placed in the middle of an industrial estate. Very clean and well presented indeed.

Check in is always a breeze even if it's busy but don't forget to enter your vehicle registration prior to anything as there is active ANPR in force.

Overall, the rooms are ok. Somewhat reminiscent of an IKEA catalogue with lots of bright greens everywhere and plastic looking fittings. The bathrooms have always been very clean and functional with wet room style showers.

I think a couple of times the décor has been very tired with a chair collapsing hilariously on one occasion. And the air conditioning has been a bit hit and miss on occasion with the room temperatures either equatorial or Baltic.

WiFi is incredibly expensive if you don't purchase at the time of booking and can be awkward to setup especially if you rely on VPNs. WiFi is supplied by Virgin and the signal is good everywhere however.

There is a small bar next to reception serving beer and spirits along with a dining area just next to it. This serves both breakfast and dinner. The breakfasts are self service with the usual fayre on offer such as continental style foods along with traditional cooked breakfasts. All in all, this is comparable with Premier Inn in terms of quality and is generally very good.

The last visit, we decided to have dinner at the hotel. On this particular occasion I think they were suffering with staffing issues as our orders weren't quite as expected. Having said that it was all sorted at the end and parts knocked off the bill without question. The food we had was actually quite good, it was a shame the staffing problems marred things.

All in all, this is a very convenient location for a business stay and reasonably priced.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
MassimoB2843, Manager at Hotel Campanile Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Eighteentee,
We pride ourselves on being value for money and do everything we can to ensure every guest has an exceptional experience with us.
We look forward to welcoming you here again in the future.
Kind Regards,
Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Waited an hour,kept getting told my meal was 10 mins away.left with no food just an hour drinking an overpriced coke. Probably won’t reach my destination till after midnight now, really, really poor. Had some good meals there in the past too.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
MassimoB2843, General Manager at Hotel Campanile Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am saddened to hear about your experience in our restaurant. I have passed on your comments to our Duty manager to address with immediate effect. I hope the issues raised haven’t put you off visiting us again in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Value for money
Head and shoulders above the likes of travel lodge and premier inn.. staff extremely friendly and helpful rooms clean tidy and more than adequate lets face it £49 a night inc breakfast for 2 that's a bargsin

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dannymobley

Dear dannymobley,
I am thrilled to hear our team took great care of you and look forward to passing on your lovely feedback.We look forward to welcoming you here again in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I was a little concerned as I had stayed at the Milton Keynes one of these. The room was excellent value for money. Food has to be better for the price..sorry I went across to the pub opposite which slaughtered the restaurant.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank lawrenceig7

Dear lawrenceig7,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on being value for money and do everything we can to ensure every guest has an great experience with us. We have taken your comments about restaurant on board. We do hope you’ll stay with us again in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I was pleasantly surprised on arrival at how conveniently the hotel was located and easy to get too. It is modern, clean and respectable. The staff are professional, very friendly and attentive. The rooms are very clean, comfortable, well appointed and air conditioned. The location is quiet and there is no disturbance from local or main route traffic. The restaurant is conveniently located adjacent to the reception area and bar and provides a good range of menu options; the food is of an exceptional quality and the chef cook's a really nice steak. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank stevenbailey2018
Massimo B, Manager at Hotel Campanile Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear stevenbailey2018,
I'm also delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Our chefs take great pride in every dish leaving their kitchen, it will be my pleasure to pass on your feedback to them.
Kind regards