“Mrs”

The Cornish Bakery , Coney Street
Get food delivered
Ranked #16 of 164 Quick Bites in York
Description: Award Winning Bakery Our Food Tastes Like nowhere Else Exceptional Coffee by Europes best roasters
Reviewed 28 October 2021

Rude staff, rude service. Ignored whilst waiting to be served, no-one in front of me in the queue. They take my order, assume I want to take away my order. Pack it paper bag then get very rude when i go to sit down. Poor customer service, spend your money where you are treated well.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (366)

Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

This little cafe tucked behind the Cornish bakery is tiny but nothing was too much trouble for the staff in there. My husband uses an electric wheelchair and because of this there was little room to get to a seat. The staff moved chairs tables and even gave us table service. We had mum with us who also uses a chair. York was very busy today and the shop was too but the staff were great. The food is always second to none here too - an all round great experience

Reviewed 22 October 2021 via mobile

Popped in on my lunch break for the first time to pick up a sausage roll, and a hot drink! Absolutely lovely hot food accompanied with very friendly staff, especially Kelly who had a smile on her face the whole time! I think I'll become a regular customer from now on!

Reviewed 21 October 2021 via mobile

Popped in for a lovely cuppa and scone this morning. Fantastic welcome from Lottie and her colleague.

Reviewed 21 October 2021 via mobile

Extremely disappointed
No signage of where to queue, after a few minutes I was met with " God, people are queuing everywhere "
I mentioned I was visiting for the first time. I can assure you that I will not be going back.
I had to clean my own table. Not one table cleaned whilst I was in there.
Very loud. Pots smashed in the kitchen area.
Staff didn't even bring drinks over, just shouted , 2 americanos.......
Not once was I offered a please or a thankyou.
One staff member went and stood outside, next to Krispy Kremes, smoking. On her return , didn't even appear to wash her hands.
I sat watching, frozen pasties being prepared for the oven. 3 staff members handled them and not a single glove in sight !!!! Unbelievable.
To top it all, whilst eating a very, very crusty pasty I have to endure 2 staff members talking about going out at night and one of their drinks being spiked......
Won't be returning....