“In the words of my 10 year old nephew "AWESOME"”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lendal Tower

Lendal Tower
The stunning four-poster bed located in the master bedroom Master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lendal Tower
The stunning four-poster bed located in the master bedroom
Luxury Roll Top Copper Bath
The Tower in the snow
The Tower in the snow II
Visit England 5 Star Grading
Visit England Gold Award Winning
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
janton76
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“In the words of my 10 year old nephew "AWESOME"”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

we were lucky enough to stay in Lendal Tower for 2 nights and really wish we could have stayed for longer. The tower is amazing in every way, from bottom to top, and I mean top, the views from the roof terrace are out of this world. The bedrooms are spacious and luxurious and the spa bath in the master bedroom is a real treat.
The location of the tower could not be better and the addition of garage parking right next to the property is unique in the city centre. Mike was really helpful and we will definitely be back, we just wish we could be there at Christmas.

Travelling group: Extended Family
26 Aug 2014
Many thanks for your kind words and I'm delighted you all had a great time and that your nephew in particular found the Tower to his liking! I'd love to be able to welcome you back to the Tower any time, and if you are interested in experiencing the Tower festively decorated (and hopefully snow capped), we do still have a few dates in December available!

PaulettFa...
“Doesn't get any better than this.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

This was our second visit to Lendal Tower and we thought it couldn't get any better than last time. The tower has new owners who not only met us in person on arrival but gave us a wonderful welcome hamper and starter groceries, and have also commissioned Lendal Tower branded toiletries for each bathroom. Mike texted us during the week to check everything was ok and made it clear that any problems (there weren't any) would be attended to straight away.
We made friends with the neighbours whose garden borders the tower's. Absolutely lovely people who know a lot about the restoration of the building.
If the price is putting you off, please consider this: we sat in the garden of the tower last Saturday and went to the website of one of the cheap hotel chains (you know the ones). Three bedrooms for seven nights starting that night was going to cost £2100 and if you wanted breakfast, £2400. That doesn't include parking. Now take a look at the photos of the bedrooms at Lendal Tower. Where would you rather be? And I haven't even talked about the roof terrace. If there is a better view in York, it can only be from the top of the Minster. Which isn't available to rent by the week yet.
You will not regret booking this, I promise. But please do not book the last week of July 2016, because that's when we will be back.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
11 Aug 2014
I am delighted to hear that you had such a fantastic stay at the Tower, thank you for your kind words. It is great to read that your second visit was even better than the first!

Allow me to wish you all the best and I would be more than happy to welcome you back in the summer of 2016.

Kind Regards,

Nicola P
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A real gem in the heart of York”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We have just returned from an amazing stay at Lendal Tower. We stayed for a weekend as a group of 8 friends, some of whom had travelled from abroad, and all that is being talked about is how wonderful the tower was! The bedrooms were really spacious, the kitchen was fully equipped and the character of the whole tower was out of this world. It is also extremely central - everything in York centre is within a very short walk. Mike was very helpful and accommodating, making sure that there were extra chairs and towels for the extra guests (the tower is advertised as sleeping 6 but a sofa bed means it can sleep 8). We also really enjoyed the hamper full of local produce that awaited us when we arrived. I could not recommend Lendal Tower enough and I hope I get the chance to visit again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Jul 2014
Many thanks for your kind words regarding the Tower and myself! I'm very pleased to hear both yourself and your friends enjoyed the stay and that your visitors from abroad were not disappointed! I really hope we can welcome you back to the Tower one day.

Rufioso
Sydney
“Brilliant, brilliant, brillianr”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We stayed for for nights in June. What a wonderful place-closest thing to ones own castle I can imagine. Elegantly appointed throughout, modern kitchen, fantastic location for an extended visit to York, and secure parking as well. Yes there are tight spiral stairs, and you should be fit to take on the three flights to the master suite but they are part of the charm. Great views from the roof terrace where we enjoyed sundown drinks and a light lunch (didn't want to carry too much stuff up that high!). The private garden was another delight. Mike enormously helpful and welcoming. A real treasure of a place which made our stay in York quite magical.

2 Jul 2014
Delighted to hear you had such a fantastic stay and that you really enjoyed the Tower and I am extra pleased you got to experience sundown on the roof terrace! Thank you very much for your kind words and I would be more than happy to welcome you again if you were to return to York another time.

MikeV7193...
Chester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Stunning -”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Booked my stay for my fiancé's 23rd birthday and could not have been happier with the choice of accommodation. In total there were four of us. Given that it was a special occasion I'd searched around for a location that offered something completely unique that I was unable to find anywhere else. Lendal Tower was absolutely ideal.

In summary Lendal Tower was absolutely stunning. From the beautifully intricate bedrooms to the amazing roof terrace it was fantastic. The Tower has embraced its natural history, but has combined it with a modern nature, providing guests with everything they need for a long break away from home.

We were given a very thorough fully guided tour of the building by Mike upon arrival. He was very knowledgeable about the tower, nothing was too much trouble. We ordered a hamper for the long weekend break. The quality was brilliant. So much choice of fresh farmers food - we had to take some of it back home! Mike had included a bottle of champagne to celebrate my fiancés birthday which was a very thoughtful touch. Would definitely recommend looking on the extra's section of the website for the selection of hampers.

Perfect location for the centre of York, ideal for the race course too. Easily the most unique place I've ever stayed, without doubt will be recommending it to all of my friends and family. Would 100% stay again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Has to be the roof terrace - outstanding
Liked least: Couldn't fault the stay at all
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
20 May 2014
I am thrilled to hear of your fantastic experience of the Tower, particularly as it was for a special occasion. I was also delighted to hear that you really enjoyed the hamper. We source all our hampers from Weetons Food Hall in Harrogate so I will pass on your kind words to them.

I sincerely hope that you can find the time to stay with us again in the future, I would be more than happy to welcome you back.

Best Regards,

Mike
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing