2,838 results
All reviews train station ncp car park modern hotel complimentary breakfast the breakfast area city centre free wifi the sofa bed inside the city walls excellent hotel buffet style good size few minutes walk walk in shower shower gel reception staff beans
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Stayed at the Hampton by Hilton for four nights. Arrived early and was able to check into the room. Great service. Hotel very clean and great variety of good quality food for breakfast.
Good location, easy access to central York and all shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine1B
VBurnham, Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet and the variety of choice we have to offer.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton, I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future, and If you are not already a HHonors member, you may be interested to know that it's free to join and you can earn points towards free stays and much more. It couldn't be easier! Just book through hampton.com to get your points.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Very impressed with the Hampton by Hilton in York. It's near the train station which was great for me as I was travelling back to London and left my bag at reception on the day of check out. It's within the city walls-so you can't really ask for a better location at this price!

The room was amazing - clean, modern and very very very comfortable! I was travelling alone and had a room with a sofa, this was great for chilling out in the evening!

The breakfast selection was impressive - everything from hot looked breakfast, pastries, bakery, cereal and a waffle maker! I really appreciated the fact you could use a tray as I didn't need to go back and forth (at least until I went to get more of the amazing potatoes)! They also offered takeaway cups for the coffee machine, so after breakfast I grabbed a cappuccino to go! Because breakfast is offered as standard - it got VERY busy and people had to sit across the other side in the bar. So get down early!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Not worth the price but satisfactory in most respects. We had a decent nights sleep and found the breakfast to be quite good. We were initially concerned when we saw the nightclub next door, but it didn’t open on either of the nights that we stayed so we were probably lucky in that respect. The bar prices were a bit of a shock and we didn’t quite understand why the hotel felt it appropriate to charge such ridiculous prices, just because they can! It seemed like they were almost insulting their own guests by ripping them off so blatantly. There is an abundance of local choice so I would advise avoiding the bar food/drinks altogether. We would probably stay here again as the location is great, but we would be sure to ask for a room at the back of the building away from the nightclub.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you found your room to comfortable and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not like our bar during your stay. In regards to your comments on our beverages prices, we do review our prices against other bars and hotels in the local area often and do find that our prices are competitive with other local hotels however, I have passed your comments on to our food and beverage manager to take into consideration on our next review. Once again thank you for your feedback, we welcome all feedback as it helps us to always be improving and maintaining our standards.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Stayed here for three nights, easy check-in/out, very nice room with excellent bathroom. Breakfast was always ready on time (6am) and very nice.
Hotel located near train station with short walk up town.
We enjoyed our stay and would certainly come back

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
VBurnham, Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

The standard and quality of the hotel were very good and perfect for our stay. The breakfast sited all of our party from healthy items through to the more filling. The rooms were very comfortable and we will definitely chose the hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VBurnham, Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room to be comfortable. I am also pleased to see you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.