“Cakes and Bakes course.”

YORK Cookery School
Ranked #2 of 14 Classes & Workshops in York
More attraction details
Owner description: YORK Cookery School offers a range of food and drink experiences for all ages and abilities to the people of Yorkshire and beyond. We run cookery classes that will appeal to absolute beginners as well as lessons for enthusiastic amateurs looking to develop their skills in the kitchen. We also offer Team Building food sessions and cookery sessions for groups of friends or colleagues. Friends get-togethers, hen parties, birthday parties and celebrations are just some of the occasions you can choose to celebrate.
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I attended the cakes and bakes course. I was unsure whether to book this course or not as I do bake and thought I may not learn anything new from it... I couldn't have been more wrong! I learnt loads of handy tips and found the course extremely enjoyable.
I went alone and I didn't feel uncomfortable at all, it was a very friendly environment.
Kate was fantastic.
For anybody thinking of booking this course, do it! You will not be disappointed.
I look forward to the cake decorating course in September.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"introduction"
"video"

Reviewed 19 July 2018

The macaron making course was one of my retirement gifts from friends at work and I was thrilled to bits with it. I have tried making macaron at home and failed miserably every time. I can't tell you how happy I was on the course when my macaron came out of the oven with the 'feet' in place! Kate and Fraser were so welcoming and friendly, I immediately felt at home. On our four and a half hour course, there were 10 of us and we worked in pairs. All great ladies. We had fun and all of us produced successful macarons with wonderful ganache fillings. There were so many tips and hints and I am now confident that I can reproduce macarons at home. I have read recipe books, watched YouTube videos but none of them gave the advice and instruction that we received from Kate. She made everything seem so easy and straightforward. All ingredients were provided, as well as tea, coffee, water and a light lunch of meats, cheeses, bread, olives etc. Help and advice was plentiful if we needed it from both Kate and Fraser, they were just brill! Sorry to bang on about it but if you are wondering whether to attend a macaron course, I can thoroughly recommend it. I am now debating which one to do next, I think it might be chocolate....nom, nom, nom. Thank you both so much Kate and Fraser, you made my day.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Visited the Cookery School for Authentic Italian course with my wife. We both found it excellent. Very well organised and the content well balanced for both experienced and intermediate cooks to develop and learn. We would both thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

This was my third course with York Cookery School. On this occasion I shared the day with my 15 year old daughter. We both had an enjoyable day learning new skills, new recipes and cooking some great dishes.
My daughter also used the day to explore new tastes and dishes to gain more experience and confidence in her food tech studies.
Now there is competition in the kitchen between Dad and Daughter to find who creates the best dishes.
Its a great way to inspire the kids to make your dinner!