Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Round the World hen party cook off

What can I say! The family team running the school were super warm & friendly - The kitchen was... read more

Reviewed 1 October 2018

The York Dungeon
27 Reviews
from US$17.09
More Info
All reviews thai street food macaron making expert guidance learnt loads hen party lots of fun skills equipment workshop classes tutor taught session chocolate
Reviewed 19 July 2018

The macaron making course was one of my retirement gifts from friends at work and I was thrilled to bits with it. I have tried making macaron at home and failed miserably every time. I can't tell you how happy I was on the course when my macaron came out of the oven with the 'feet' in place! Kate and Fraser were so welcoming and friendly, I immediately felt at home. On our four and a half hour course, there were 10 of us and we worked in pairs. All great ladies. We had fun and all of us produced successful macarons with wonderful ganache fillings. There were so many tips and hints and I am now confident that I can reproduce macarons at home. I have read recipe books, watched YouTube videos but none of them gave the advice and instruction that we received from Kate. She made everything seem so easy and straightforward. All ingredients were provided, as well as tea, coffee, water and a light lunch of meats, cheeses, bread, olives etc. Help and advice was plentiful if we needed it from both Kate and Fraser, they were just brill! Sorry to bang on about it but if you are wondering whether to attend a macaron course, I can thoroughly recommend it. I am now debating which one to do next, I think it might be chocolate....nom, nom, nom. Thank you both so much Kate and Fraser, you made my day.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Visited the Cookery School for Authentic Italian course with my wife. We both found it excellent. Very well organised and the content well balanced for both experienced and intermediate cooks to develop and learn. We would both thoroughly recommend.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 3 July 2018

This was my third course with York Cookery School. On this occasion I shared the day with my 15 year old daughter. We both had an enjoyable day learning new skills, new recipes and cooking some great dishes.
My daughter also used the day to explore new tastes and dishes to gain more experience and confidence in her food tech studies.
Now there is competition in the kitchen between Dad and Daughter to find who creates the best dishes.
Its a great way to inspire the kids to make your dinner!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2018

My boys aged 11 and 10 had a great day at this workshop of Spanish dishes. They enjoyed the hands on approach as well as the new skills they learnt. The highlight was being able to taste everything they cooked and being able to bring their creations home for the whole family. Enjoyed it so much myself and my son are returning for the Spanish tapas day on the 9th June.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 24 May 2018

This was my second course at The York Cookery School. It was excellent with clear instructions, all ingredients provided, lots of assistance and delicious end products.

The first course I did was macaroons, which was a few years ago and equally good. I still make them , so I can recommend that course too.

Date of experience: May 2018