“Thai Street Food”

YORK Cookery School
Ranked #2 of 14 Classes & Workshops in York
More attraction details
Owner description: YORK Cookery School offers a range of food and drink experiences for all ages and abilities to the people of Yorkshire and beyond. We run cookery classes that will appeal to absolute beginners as well as lessons for enthusiastic amateurs looking to develop their skills in the kitchen. We also offer Team Building food sessions and cookery sessions for groups of friends or colleagues. Friends get-togethers, hen parties, birthday parties and celebrations are just some of the occasions you can choose to celebrate.
Reviewed 3 July 2018

This was my third course with York Cookery School. On this occasion I shared the day with my 15 year old daughter. We both had an enjoyable day learning new skills, new recipes and cooking some great dishes.
My daughter also used the day to explore new tastes and dishes to gain more experience and confidence in her food tech studies.
Now there is competition in the kitchen between Dad and Daughter to find who creates the best dishes.
Its a great way to inspire the kids to make your dinner!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"introduction"
"video"

Reviewed 6 June 2018

My boys aged 11 and 10 had a great day at this workshop of Spanish dishes. They enjoyed the hands on approach as well as the new skills they learnt. The highlight was being able to taste everything they cooked and being able to bring their creations home for the whole family. Enjoyed it so much myself and my son are returning for the Spanish tapas day on the 9th June.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

This was my second course at The York Cookery School. It was excellent with clear instructions, all ingredients provided, lots of assistance and delicious end products.

The first course I did was macaroons, which was a few years ago and equally good. I still make them , so I can recommend that course too.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

A fun and informative days cookery course.

I came away with the skills and confidence to cook some great recipes for my family. It was a great Xmas present from my wife. The people running the course were helpful, entertaining and very professional.

I'm sure I will be back to maybe do their Tapas course.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 April 2018

I recently attended the knife skills course and thoroughly enjoyed it. Kate is an excellent instructor and Fraser kept everything running smoothly - a great team who make you feel comfortable and relaxed. If I was to make a couple of observations it would be that although I learned a lot I was expecting something a little more complex such as how to bone a chicken or fillet a fish but then I guess the onus is on me to find out a little more about the content of the course. Second observation is that I think pairing up, whilst practical from a time perspective, means that you can miss some of the processes you are being taught depending upon the generosity of your neighbour!

I must stress these are small points though and that in general I would highly recommend the YCS and I hope to return.

1  Thank richardsonsally64