1,904 results
All reviews york minster taxi rank kedgeree dch restaurant valet parking is minster bells lovely hotel perfect location eggs benedict no air conditioning breakfast was excellent visiting york small room booked this hotel family room train station within easy walking distance
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 15th September and was so disappointed. We paid £231 for one night which we was okay with considering the perfect location but our room had the view of walls and a VERY noisy fan. We stayed in room 21, we saw other rooms whilst there which was definitely worth the price but I think charging £231 for a tiny room and the worst view and noise is awful. Breakfast was very nice other than the bacon was under cooked. Staff was very pleasant and the location is perfect just a shame about the over priced noisy room. Would recommend if was in a different room. Felt robbed of money

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DeanCourt, General Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Jade O,

Thank you for your review following your stay last Saturday. I am sorry you felt that the room was overpriced, I openly admit that this room only over looks the rear of our neighbours buildings. Booking direct and not through a third party web site (booking.com) will give you the best aviable price. I am however pleased to read that your breakfast was nice, and my team very pleasant, and of course our location. I do hope that one day you may return to the hotel once again and ask that you contact me directly so i can assist in your reservation personally. simon.murphy@deancourt-york.co.uk

Reviewed 13 September 2018

We stayed for a night at Dean Court - the room was excellent - great view of the Minster.Rooms clean and tidy and cozy.The restaurant and bar are fabulous and service excellent.Friendly service at the reception and willing to go the extra mile to please.Parking could be a challenge.

Room tip: Chose rooms facing the main road and the minster.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Be very carefully with this hotel. At least one side of rooms are facing like kitchens of restaurants. That being said, your room will be filled by continuously intolerable noise and extremely disgusting cooking smells throughout the whole night.
I definitely won’t suggest you to bet your holidays on this hotel, as it totally ruined mine.
Just be very careful. See my attached picture and you can easily learn what an unpleasant place that you’re going to stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DeanCourt, General Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear FellowTraveler589631,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry this is how you felt having stayed at the hotel, such a pity this is the first we have heard of your issues, even when we showed you your room on arrival, and that you did not give us your real name so we could have at least traced your booking to contact you personally. This is the side of Social Media i do not like, thank fully most of the other reviews are fantastic! For the benefit of guests who may read this review and are also thinking of staying here,- this guest is correct we have 2 rooms- both our single rooms that are rear facing and do not have views except of the wall opposite, the other 38 rooms - 26 at the front have views of York Minster and the Memorial gardens and the remaining rear facing rooms have views of our neighbours gardens and the surrounding buildings.Some guests can be disturbed by fan noise, others by street noise, I suppose its what you are used to, however they do not run all night, we stop cooking at 9.30pm and start breakfast from 7am, (the reviewer implies we cook all night) I am sorry but i disagree with this reviewer you cannot smell cooking (which is what i think cooling smells means). The kitchen is in the basement and the kitchen fans (sealed units ) vent in to the sky some 2 storeys above this room. If the reviewer reads this and wants to discuss their stay with me then please call me directly on 01904 625082

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Stayed for a overnight stay on the bank holiday weekend after a long days travelling. We were told that our room was available to check in early as this is something that we had requested in the morning.
The reception staff and hotel porter were very welcoming and friendly. The Porter (sorry I am rubbish with names) ensured that he told us everything that we needed to know when he showed us our room, must say it is the most welcoming we have felt when staying in a hotel :-)
The room was one of the new rooms downstairs, the decor is lovely and relaxing and although there is just a skyline window the room is designed to make it feel bright and light.
The location is perfect, we paid £18 to have the car parked from check in and was told that it could stay parked up until late the following day, totally hassel free. No need for a car when the location is so perfect and everything is right on the doorstep.

We can't see why anyone would book anywhere else in York. We will most certainly be back.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms have easy access and have air con
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DeanCourt, General Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Snail1984,

Thank you for your fab review, I am so pleased that you liked one of our new rooms, i do believe we have made the very best of the space and location we can. I do love to read that its also the "other" things - (apart from our location that as the hotel manager i cannot take credit for) but my friendly welcoming team, guest escorted to your room on arrival, clean will appointed rooms, valet car parking etc. Thanks for the recommendation and we all hope we see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Lovely location near the minster. Warm welcome from friendly and helpful reception staff. Frank the porter was very helpful and polite, also told me everything I needed to know about the room. I dined in the restaurant which was great value for money and also great service from staff. My room was on the first floor directly above the kitchen so I think as a result of this it was a little warmer than the other rooms. However I didn't mind as I would rather be warm than cold!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ClaireMHoughton
DeanCourt, General Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear ClaireMHoughton,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, looked after by warm and friendly staff, especially "our" Frank who will be thrilled to see his name in your lovely review. He genuinely is such a nice guy and a great ambassador for the hotel and our industry, the world needs a lot more Franks ! Lets hope we see you again very soon.