4,720 results
All reviews cedar court molton brown toiletries turn down service rise restaurant star hotel door staff classic room executive room underfloor heating on arrival original features amazing hotel steam room beautiful building separate toilet train station birthday treat
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here after wanting to stay here for years. Hotel is fab and the staff are so contented. We stayed in the new part of the building in one of the executive room very happy indeed. Only thing I would say was the complimentary items in the room. We didn’t really have anything as we weren’t sure what was complimentary or not. We did query this as a bottle of wine and a small bottle was left on the side. Whoever we spoke to at reception to be honest gave us the impression he wasn’t bothered and clearly recognised the guests behind us and wanted to deal with them than advise us. Maybe a tip along side the in room dining menu put the list of the complimentary items in please. Definitely will be back.

1  Thank Rachael W
Grand-York, Guest Relations Executive at The Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Good afternoon Rachael,

I hope all is well and that you are having a wonderful day so far. It gives me great pleasure to read your excellent review. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we strive to exceed your guest expectations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our excellent service and facilities. My team are passionate about making your guest experience the best possible, therefore it's great to know that this was very clear during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another grand stay and we will take on board your feedback.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

From the greeting of the staff as you walk in to your bags being taken from you, then being delivered to your room almost immediately. The room was clean, spacious on the 4th floor of new wing as you come out of lift your greeted with bee hives( glass separation)the staff faultless. the breakfast was great with a great selection, 3-4 minutes walk from station,few minutes walk to the centre the hotel is well positioned.overall a great experience and next time in York we will be staying here.

1  Thank Clivey57
Grand-York, Guest Relations Executive at The Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Good afternoon,

I hope all is well and that you are having a fantastic day so far. It gives me great pleasure to read your excellent review. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we strive to exceed your guest expectations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful service. My team are passionate about making your guest experience the best possible, therefore it's great to know that this was very clear during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another grand stay.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We stayed here for one night for a birthday celebration and it did not disappoint! Upon check in we were taken off to a separate room where we were advised what time the room would be ready and agreed a late check out. Our bags were taken from us brought to our rooms when we returned later. We stayed in an executive double room which was huge. The decor and finish to the rooms is very high quality. We had hoped to have Sunday lunch in the restaurant but unfortunately the hotel does not serve Sunday lunch - that was the only disappointment of the weekend.

1  Thank Cowtoastie
Grand-York, Guest Relations Manager at The Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

A very good morning to you and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Grand Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted to read that you had an exceptional experience overall and found our spacious rooms to be of high quality.

Thank you so much for the very kind and positive comment regarding the staff at the Grand. The team work very hard and it is always our priority and pleasure to provide the highest levels of service to our valued guests.

All comments will be noted and passed to the team on your behalf and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Gary Auker
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Stayed at The Grand as part of a visit to York. The friendly concierge assisted with baggage and took the car to be parked. Despite arriving at 15:10 [rooms available from 15:00], we were checked-in and required to wait in the bar area as the room wasn't ready! The apologetic receptionist brought the room key about 15 minutes later. The room itself was very clean and spacious. The bathroom included a full size bath with a shower over. Complementary Molton Brown 'smellies' completed a positive first impression. As we were keen to explore the city, I had to telephone reception to ask for a progress report on the delivery of luggage to the room. This took a further 20 minutes, which for a 5 star hotel seemed an unduly lengthy wait. Upon our return, I requested an ice bucket for the room. A further call to prompt reception was required before it finally arrived. The Spa area was extremely busy, and probably due to being somewhat small and functional, seemed overcrowded. Breakfast was of a very good standard and quality, with a wide choice of options available. At every level the staff at The Grand were professional, friendly and courteous - most definitely the Grand's biggest asset. I noted that a large building adjoining The Grand is being converted to a Malmaison Hotel. Given the occasional lack of attention to detail during our stay, I wouldn't be surprised if pressure from competitors see The Grand lose its 5 star rating. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank cannylad1973
Grand-York, Guest Relations Executive at The Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Good afternoon,

I hope all is well and that you are having a wonderful day so far. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. It's great hear that you really enjoyed the small but important details, such as the lovely Molton Brown products. Our rooms really do provide space and luxury, therefore it's great to read that you enjoyed the quality of your room.

We understand the importance of clear, efficient and comfortable check in, therefore our new arrivals lounge was created to take the pressure off standing in line.

I will definitely pass on your positive remarks about my team, as we always strive to provide the best guest experiences possible. The Grand Hotel & Spa York will continue to remain unique, charming and beautiful. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Spent two very comfortable nights here. Food and drinks were excellent and staff were polite friendly and very efficient from the moment you arrive at the door until check out. The rooms are spacious and the bed was very very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank GandMGlasgow
Grand-York, Guest Relations Executive at The Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Good afternoon,

I hope all is well and that you are having an excellent day so far. It gives me great pleasure to read your excellent review. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we strive to exceed your guest expectations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful service. My team are passionate about making your guest experience the best possible, therefore it's great to know that this was very clear during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another grand stay.