“Great food”
Review of Wildwood Kitchen

Wildwood Kitchen
Ranked #220 of 951 Restaurants in York
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here on 1st of May and benefited from their 50% off food deal that you need to download from their website. I had baked spaghetti carbonara and my partner had spaghetti bolognese. Each dish was well presented and delivered promptly. The service was very good, and although there was a bit of mix up with our bill, it was dealt with very quickly. I’d never heard of this restaurant and I’m glad I gave them a go.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our first visit to York and had no clue where to eat but glad we went here. Had never heard of this place and usually avoid chains as imagine them to be poor quality food but this place certainly proved us wrong. Had lovely mixed olives and garlic bread to start.
I had the seafood risotto which I would highly recommend. The staff were all lovely and the service was great . Was a very relaxing place and we didn't feel as if they were rushing us which some places do.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Plain decor, quite simple Italian menu. Carne calzone was nicely filled but salad garnish was tired. Mussels and fries was a better choice. Sundaes were generous but not particularly adventurous. Glad we had a half price taste card.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

7 of us visited Wildwood on a monday night after work. I have been before at lunchtime & it was very nice. This particular night we were sat right at back of restaurant hidden away. Infact three of us couldnt even see into the restaurant because of a wall blocking the view. There was no atmosphere at all. The menus were put on table for us. It took ages for someone to come & even take our drinks order. Eventually we ordered drinks. I had to ask for the £10 set menu as it wasnt even offered to us!! The waiter who didmt seem very knowledgeable on the menus got very confused when we were ordering as some wanted £10 menu & others 50% of food menu( which was advertised by big poster in window). The food was ordered after checking we didnt need any codes etc for the 50% off which he had to check & we didnt. We enjoyed the food which was good quality. When we asked for the bill it came( very confusing) & they hadnt deducted 50%off. In the end we had to ask for a manager who wasnt very helpful at all saying we had to now download a voucher!! This is not acceptable service in any restaurant. We had to quibble with this manager which in the end she said dhe would honour it for us????!!!! There was also a 12% service charge added to bill. Joke!! Needless to say we never paid it after the service we received. Terrible. We will not be returning as there are many other places to eat where the service is so much better. Shame really as the food was nice

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

this is the first time we came across this lovely place the experience was amazing the food staff and atmosphere were all great in there own right. We would certainly recommend and will definitely be back. Thank you.