All reviews lovely site shower block bus stop monks cross toby carvery bus service fishing lake individual shower rooms retail park fully serviced pitches large pitches private shower grass pitch dog walk area quiet adult grey water level pitches
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Came here for a 3 night stay on a visit to York nice quiet adult only site with various pitch styles available, clean shower blocks with private bathrooms with large shower, Loo, basin, and hairdryer used by both men and women, lovely lake setting complete with ducks there is a laundry and pot wash room but we did not use these. No shop on site but small village 10 mins drive down the road, bus stop outside site which takes you into york for £7 return for 2 adults, enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
AndrewYCP, Owner at York Caravan Park YCP, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thanks for staying Julieann1kitten. We're pleased that you enjoyed your trip, found the facilities to be clean, and enjoyed the lovely lake setting. I there is anything we could have done to improve your stay please drop us an email or give us a call (mail@yorkcaravanpark.com 01904424222). All the best.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

We stayed here for a long weekend 16 – 20 August. What a beautiful well maintained and well managed site and everyone involved with the site are so helpful. The bathroom and shower facilities are brilliant. As well as a multi cubicle mens and ladies, there are several individual shower rooms. Each one is a large room with heated flooring (how nice), a decent open glass screened shower, toilet, wash basin, hand dryer and hair dryer. The washroom has clothes washing and drying facilities well as an iron and ironing board – these are coin operated and as I didn’t use these facilities, not sure how much for how long. Outside there are lots of very generous plots separated by hedges. There’s a small stocked lake that guests of the site can use for fishing free of charge. This is a very serene and clam site so just right for chilling out and relaxing. There’s a handy bus service that picks up and drops off just at the end of the drive. About a five minute drive away is a Toby Carvery however, there are lots of lovely pubs that have good and varied menus; our favourite was the Blacksmiths Arms at Huntingdon, about 2.5 miles from the site. York is literally up the road, I must admit, we used the bus service as it was so handy and convenient - £7.00 for two adults return, a much easier and cheaper option. If you fancy doing a bit of shopping, about ten minutes up the road is Monks Cross Shopping Park as well as other food favourites such as Asda, Aldi, and Sainsbury etc.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here at York Caravan Park and will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello HaniandMalc. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay here, and found the site to be well maintained, well managed and relaxing. All the best, and we hope to see you again some time.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

New to camping I hadn’t realised that when I made my booking I had to state the I needed a grass pitch so was given hardstanding, was told that the camp was full but the lovely lady in charge managed to move things around and we got a huge grass pitch.
When we realised we’d left our tent poles at home and we’d already taken bits out of the car the man in charge said to leave them and he’d put them away if it rained, which he did, this lovely couple couldn’t have been more accommodating, even leaving us bricks near our tent to put the BBQ on.
Couldn’t fault toilets and showers either, overall a very well kept site.
Close proximity to York we used the local bus into town and got a taxi back costing £8, will almost definitely go back and would recommend to anyone.

4  Thank Dawn W
AndrewYCP, Owner at York Caravan Park YCP, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hello Dawn. Thanks for your great review. I'm pleased you found the wardens to be friendly and helpful. I'm glad we could help with your pitch selection, and hope to see you again some time.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Just spent 6 nights camping here ( been many times) absolutely 1st class site and will be back again !! Car wouldn’t start one morning and the owner was straight up with jump leads and Range Rover to give me a jump start , excellent service thank you very much

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
AndrewYCP, Owner at York Caravan Park YCP, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hi Jim. Thanks for the excellent rating. I'm pleased you like it here and continue to return! I'm glad I could be of some help with jump starting your car too. All the best.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We visited this park the first 2 weeks of July the park is exceptional. The pitches are large with plenty of room for car caravan and awning and plenty of space for your table and chairs. I have never seen such a large personal individual toilet shower and wash basin room they were great. When ever you went to use them they were always spotlessly clean. We were meet by Andrea at reception and what a lovely lady she was so friendly and her knowledge of the area was brilliant. Her husband Neil was a very nice helpful person we had problems with our TV and he loaned us one of his own personal aerials which we really appreciated. Grounds were kept really nice (as well as they could be in the hot weather conditions) Good bus service from outside camp. Will definitely be returning again. THANKYOU

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank patmhooper12
AndrewYCP, Owner at York Caravan Park YCP, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Hello Patmhooper12. Thank you very much for your great review. I'm glad you found the site to be exceptional, the pitches nice and large, facilities clean and the wardens friendly and helpful. We all look forward to seeing you again next time you're over this way. Thank you!