All reviews wetherspoons pub plenty of free parking sauna and steam room evening meal short stay two night stay family room leisure facilities town centre full english kayleigh asda function norfolk broads
Reviewed 2 November 2016

We stayed for two nights, and despite one small problem that was rectified by the hotel, the stay was excellent.

The staff realy make this hotel welcoming and friendly.

Large free carpark and good air conditioning.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Thank you for a great review. My team have made the difference once again and thank you for mentioning them. Please return soon.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 31 October 2016

The hotel itself is in need of updating. The pool although clean is quite small for the size of the hotel. We were told that there were too many people in the pool on our last day, and could not use it. The staff on 3 occasions were rude. The location was also unpleasant, located to the side of a busy road, out of town. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

I am so sorry you found my staff to be anything other than welcoming. That's most unusual and I apologise. The team here are our strength and must continue to be. Thanks for pointing it out.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Initial appearance from the road is quite scruffy. The entrance is round the side where the main entrance is which is much better. Checking in staff where very polite and efficient.
Our room was average, like any other, clean and tidy but the curtains were not fixed up properly, hanging off at each end which doesn't take much to fix, but obviously left like that.
Beds ok, nothing special.
Over zealous cleaners. She took our towels away even though they'd been hung up to be reused. She also took our half used shower gel and shampoo, and didn't replace them. She didn't bring us more milk for our tea or replace our cups, she just washed out our mugs which is not brilliant because we couldn't wash them properly so it would have been nice if she could have given us clean ones.
On entering dining room for breakfast they greet you and point out to sit at a table for 2. I chose for us to sit at a table for 4 because you get more room, this was frowned upon by the waitress, but she said nothing. In my defence the dining room was hardly full and there were plenty of spare tables.
Breakfast was a good selection of hot and cold buffet. Coffee and tea was from a machine. Americano, espresso, tea or latte coffee.
Yoghurt in one big bowl, not individual pots (cheaper I guess). Tiny croissants and danish pastries, but I guess you can get as many as you like.
Cornflakes, muesli, weetabix or bran flakes for cereal choice, with dried apricots, nuts, sultanas to add.
Fresh orange or apple juice.
There was watermelon, honeydew melon and pineapple with mango coulis which was very nice.
There was some fresh fruit, apples, oranges or bananas and a separate bowl of grapes. Unfortunately there were mouldy grapes in with the grapes which looked disgusting and put you off having any of them. I pointed this out to the waitress, who did not comment, or thank me for pointing it out, (although I am sure she knew they were like that), but took them away.
A toast machine, which was quite quick, unlike some, and did toast well.
Cooked breakfast was bacon, sausage, black pudding, scrambled egg, grilled tomato, fried egg, fried bread, mushrooms and beans. Sometimes plates were hot, but when they ran out, cold ones replaced them.
Trays were still outside room doors at 11a.m, on the floor, not cleared up from the previous night, which didn't look very nice with half eaten pizza on them.
Didn't use gym facilities so can't comment on that.
All in all, ok, but think we will find better next time.
We didn't eat in the restaurant, prices were pretty expensive, we found it better to go to Asda over the road and get a bottle of wine.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for a most comprehensive review which is balanced and considered. Our hotel is prettier from the main entrance and we are built "back to front" for arriving guests. I have noted your points regarding curtains and trays, thanks for that, they are easily remedied I agree.
I hope you return and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

I was working down the road from the hotel. Safe to say it was ideally located for where we was working with local amenities near by. The hotel was a good standard. Staff and the first impressions from when I arrived where amicable. The staff where helpful and very well mannered. Check in was easy and directions for the room was a walk in the park. The room itself was good a little tired but from how busy the hotel was when I was there I couldn't complain. The food was the best part about the stay. I take my hat off to the chefs. It was very nice. Breakfast was just as good lots to offer. I would reccomend this hotel for work etc it will definitely do. A nice place and worth staying if your in the area. I have read reviews about the noise from the road but I live in central London so it was peaceful from what I'm used to. Above all a nice place with good staff and nice food. Would definitely stay again if I'm in the area

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for a most kind review. Friendly staff and great food.I have to be happy with that as a review.
Please return when you are next in the area and thanks again.