1,401 results
All reviews wine press oldest hotel cathedral suite norwich cathedral lovely old hotel car park afternoon tea central location free parking executive room scones buffet style single room within easy walking distance visiting norwich weekend break stayed here for one night
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We booked a junior suite for a couple of nights, to celebrate a special anniversary. The historic room was superbly furnished and redecorated, the king sized bed was really comfortable, the heating system was perfect, the location close to the city centre and view of the cathedral was wonderful but this also meant the street noise was more audible as the room was on the first floor. But the whole stay was made magical by the care and attention of all the hotel staff without question, friendly, polite, prompt, but non intrusive and all going that extra mile to make our stay so enjoyable. Most impressive were Sofia in the restaurant, Susan in the bar and Charlotte on reception, who were absolutely charming, attentive and so helpful. It suggested that the whole ambience in the hotel was set to employ and encourage friendly, helpful staff We would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Quiter rooms from street noise would possibly be on higher floors
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Christine M, Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Paul M,
I am very pleased to read that you had such a pleasant stay and I have passed on your kind words to the team. We work hard to attract the right people so it is great to read that we are doing well.
I do hope you get to come and stay with us again - don't forget our return stay offer.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We got to the hotel early so we could do some shopping in the city for wife's birthday the receptions told as we could park at the hotel. Later on we booked in very helpful staff told as we had been upgraded got to the room very clean and good size. We used the bar in the hotel but did not eat. Very nice one night treat for wife's birthday.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NStutt
Christine M, Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear NStutt,
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will get a chance to visit us again in 2018. Don't forget our return stay offer - 01603 209955 to book.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was reasonably spacious and comfortable. There was also a view of Norwich Cathedral. The location is convenient to a number of things and they have parking.

Stayed: November 2017

Dear b0b202,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Maids Head hotel. I do hope you will stay with us again if you get chance to return to Norwich.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

I found it quite expensive for what it is although it has to be said the location is fantastic. Room was a bit tired and I missed breakfast as they stop serving at 0930 which I thought was a bit early. Reason for the stay was my Company's Christmas night out and to be honest this was the biggest let down. The food was the usual bland Christmas fair..processed Turkey was awful and the service was dreadful. The function room was an odd L shape which meant from where I was seated I couldn't see or hear the cabaret act. I wouldn't stay again at these rates.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank BillMKerr
Christine M, Manager at Maids Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear Mr Kerr,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that things were not to your liking and I understand that your comments are reflective of your personal experience. However your comment about the turkey being processed is factually inaccurate. Through the festive season the hotel bought, cooked and sliced over 150 Norfolk turkey crowns for hundreds of satisfied guests.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight for a business visit. Perfect location in the city centre and next to the cathedral and river so very scenic. Staff were helpful and friendly and the room was very clean. However, even in December I found the room very hot and the heating system had no easy control. The windows were very old and hard to open and I had to sleep overnight with them wide open. The shower was over the bath and it did not drain. I would probably stay here again just for the location but I think it could do with some upgrading

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear James S,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Maids Head hotel. We are in the process of a rolling bedroom refurbishment so if you request a new room when you book direct for your next stay I'm sure you will like what we are doing.