All reviews car park shopping centre third floor middle of town large shower central location hi express free breakfast direct access easy parking per day modern hotel good size bars and restaurants breakfast was buffet style beans excellent hotel
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We made a reservation for our business trip in Middlesbrough and chose Holiday Inn as a chain brand and located in the city center.

But when we arrived to the hotel at around 09:00 pm, they told that our 2 rooms were occupied for maintenance (?)( not sold to someone else?) so there were no rooms in hotel for us!

After 1,5 hours, they sent us to a hotel outside the city which was accessable only by car. The prices of the new hotel was lower than Holiday Inn (confirmed by signed papers).
The manager of Holiday Inn told us that they would refund the difference in our verbal conversation but when we turned back to our country, Holiday Inn refused to refund the difference (32 pound) in addition with that kind of inconvenient situation that they created.

This is not something that dirty towel or tasteless meal. This is simply cheating. and not a good behaviour for Holiday Inn chain.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Nick P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Alkim G,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to offer you a room on the night of your stay. Unfortunately, outbookings can happen in all hotels and, although we do try to avoid them where possible, we are usually able to handle the process swiftly and effortlessly.

After speaking to the manager on duty, I have been advised that you were given the email address of the deputy general manager and told to email her to arrange for a refund of the £16 per room, overpaid. My DGM has advised that she has not yet received an email from you so I am confused as to who as refused to give a refund for the difference.

Please contact me direct on gm@hiexmiddlesbrough.co.uk or my DGM at dgm@hiexmiddlesbrough.co.uk and we will be delighted to arrange the two refunds of £16 for you.

Kind regards,

Nick Price

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Friendly welcome, excellent staff and great room for starters. Then the great food especially the breakfast. All I needed to prepare for University business the next day. Highly recommended for business or leisure and conveniently situated for all amenities. Great views of the fountain too!

Room Tip: Ask for a fountain view if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I stayed for two days in Middlesbrough at this hotel and the Jury's Inn and although this hotel is a 3 star I think, for me it represented better value for money. I paid £50 to stay here and it included breakfast.

Pros
Climate control meant I could choose the temperature of the room which I really appreciated, the Jury's Inn need to take note
Room was a good size
Good location easy to get to the town and the station
Good choice of restaurants

Cons
Clock opposite chimes loudly, light sleepers need earplugs
No water or herbal teas included
Shower not a bath
Cafe/bar food is overpriced try Tiger Bay
Breakfast is average but I have had worse in Wetherspoons

If visiting the area again this would be my first choice for accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night in a twin room on the first floor over looking the fountains. The room was very clean and has everything I needed for a very comfortable stay. Breakfast was included with a good selection.
The overwhelming positive was the customer service. All the staff were extremely friendly and most helpful, nothing was too much trouble!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Our recent visit to the Middlesbrough holiday inn was just perfect! The welcome was warm and fast which for a tired traveler is a dream. The hotel room was stylish contemporary and warm with bright blues WHICH IS MY FAV COLOUR hahaha

The shower has inspired me haha I want one, a picture of that beauty is below ;)

The sleep was a great and the perfect bed to assist that, breakfast was great although the fat on the bacon could have done with a bit of browning and best stored under a halogen heat lamp than covered with a lid. 'Crispy bacon is more favored than soft' ;)

Great stay! and when back in Middlesbrough the only hotel I'm booking is yours! P.s Crazy good location, with £5.00 overnight parking. - (for the future guests, if you want to leave the hotel with your car, the machine will take your ticket. don't worry just come back through the car park get a new ticket and reception will reactivate it for no charge)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple