Review Highlights
Great show, theatre however not COVID safe

Fantastic show - let down by COVID rules. As fans of the TV show we could not wait to see the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
AnnieTastic23
Bearsden, United Kingdom
via mobile
Absolutely hilarious!!… but…

My husband brought me to see this show for my birthday. I laughed from the beginning to the end, as... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Goonerwarnesy
Norwich, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around London
from US$76.58
from US$83.54
from US$90.51
from US$81.22
More Info
All reviews slapstick comedy bank robbery duchess theatre comic timing british humour fawlty towers monty python laughed so hard peter pan cast members west end great cast great night booked tickets farce audience mischief
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2021 via mobile

A really fun slapstick play.. Silliness that’ll make everyone laugh and most of the scenery falls apart as the play continues

Utterly funny ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Date of experience: September 2021
Reviewed 19 August 2021 via mobile

I took my 13 and 15 year old boys to watch the play this evening and I can honestly say we all thoroughly enjoyed it! Both of my teens were laughing out loud throughout and reported they would “happily watch it again” which is testament to the actors, show, set, theatre... all of which were superb! We had great seats in row C of the dress circle - very comfy too!

Reviewed 13 August 2021

Judging by previous reviews, you will be in one boat or the other with this: you'll absolutely love it or absolutely hate it.

My advice: If you like farce, slapstick and panto - you'll love this play! If you don't, you will not be amused at all - don't even think about risking it.

Even before the play starts, there's a little bit of what some may describe as 'comedic build-up': at this stage lots of the audience began chuckling and laughing - at a door that wouldn't stay shut; at props repeatedly 'falling' off the wall, at a pretend stagehand who got things wrong...mmmm...

The play began, it was cleverly written, the actors were great, but I am not in the not funny boat with this one: it just wasn't funny, not even mildly amusing. However, I was surrounded by people who were belly laughing and I mean the entire audience, not just placed actors in the audience as some have suggested (young and old all laughing out loud). So this is a personal preference and you may be in the funny boat!

The farcical scene just before the interval tipped me over the edge. For the first time in my life, I left the theatre at the interval - this play just wasn't for me!

As Covid restrictions have now ended the theatre was packed and someone stood at the front with a placard reminding us to wear face-coverings. The vast majority of the educated wore face coverings. However, you know the 'type' that don't - I'm not referring to the medically exempt - I mean the not very educated, arrogant covid denier types - couples and parents sat there unmasked - I wouldn't have liked to have been squeezed in next to these people - not the theatre's fault, they tried their best and the placard went unheeded, but something to be aware of.

1  Thank RecliningBuddah
Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

The positives were - bar prices reasonable and staff friendly
The show itself was boring - nothing really funny and the same door not shutting joke etc being repeated highlighted what was a familiar pattern throughout.
Predictable and the interval couldn’t come quick enough.
Seen better at my local panto.
Wouldn’t recommend even if ticket was £20.

Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

This play was so funny and really well acted, i went with my wife but it is a family friendly show. There is some interaction with the audience which is very funny. I would recommend this to anyone.