“Bloody fantastic!!!!!!!!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Critically acclaimed Spanish tapas restaurant El Pirata opened its doors in 1994. Tucked away in the corner of Mayfair next to Hyde Park, El Pirata has become a firm favourite for those wanting an authentic Spanish experience. Relax at the superb mirrored bar with a drink or two whilst enjoying the atmosphere of the Spanish influenced decor. Whether upstairs or downstairs, you can enjoy the Tapas menu where each dish is individually priced, or if you’re not too familiar with Tapas, choose from our two fantastic set menus. At lunchtimes enjoy our special lunch menu which offers great value; two tapas dishes, a bread roll and alioli plus a soft drink or a glass of wine for just £10.25 – great value! Downstairs is ideal for parties and gatherings of up to 60 people. If you prefer a private area for either that important business dinner or a more romantic setting for that more intimate meal, you will find our two private alcoves perfect. When the weather’s at its best, our four outside tables are an instant hit, but you’ll have to be early because they are snapped up fast!
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I love Tapas and on our anniversary I went onto google and found El Pirate. The google reviews looked good as did the menu so we booked up for that evening. What can I say? absolutely wonderful. Great staff, helpful and friendly. We went for the set menu as the price was ok and the dishes equally tasty. We added Patatas Bravas, the bread and tomato and meatballs. It wasnt too much despite the waiter saying "thats a lot of food". It took a while to get our food which wasnt the best but when it did arrive it was wirth the wait. High lights for me were the papayas braves, the bread and tomato, the meat balls, croquettes, the cold starters, the prawns, the monkfish, the squid, the lamb cutlet. Basically it was all well cooked and presented, a couple of the dishes weren't my cup of tea but I can't criticise the food, just didn't blow me away. BUT, thats being harsh, 99% of it did blow me away and I'd highly recommend it and we will definitely be back. I didn't think it was overly expensive, as usual the wine adds up and so does the cost, but no one forces us to have the wine. Go there, you won't be disappointed, I wasnt!!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We booked for 4 people, had a lovely little table near the bar. The staff were very friendly and able to crack jokes. The food was amazing, lots of it and it felt like the food was never going to stop coming. We had the Tapas introduction menu £25 PP followed by dessert. Great staff, great food and a fabulous location.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent ambience, tasty dishes! Friendly staff, customer oriented service.
Took booking just one hour before!

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Great find near Green Park tube as we were staying in the area. Great traditional property and small outdoor seating veranda but we were inside. Place was buzzing and main floor was full as was the bar area but we had a table downstairs. Soon it filled as well. Great variety of tapas and mains. Good wines.

Service was fantastic and quick.

Really tasty dishes and well priced.

Definitely worth a look.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Loved it! The menu was varied and at a good price. The staff were friendly and efficient. The Sangria and Tinto de Verano was delicious.