“Fantastic atmosphere and great views!”
Review of 12th Knot

12th Knot
Ranked #1,798 of 23,945 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$97
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Description: 12th Knot is a rooftop bar situated on the 12th floor of Sea Containers London with striking views across the river Thames and London's skyline. Inspired by a moment in time - The Bright Young Things - 12th Knot recalls this era, a time when a party was more than just a party, it was a lifestyle, an experience, a flash in time that was gone before you knew it. A place where Vans meet Valentino and where city slickers meet Southbank creatives. This stunning bar is the perfect place to sip champagne cocktails, celebrate with friends over one of our signature punches or just to simply take in the view. The bar boasts a inspired music policy which fuses sounds of the 20's 'Jazz Age' with the 21st century's popular music. 12th Knot also plays host to 'Skyline Sessions', a live music series every Wednesday night as well as featuring DJ's every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This hidden gem is a modern interpretation of 1920's London. Sunshine by day, skyline by night.
Reviewed 1 July 2020

Lovely bar at the top of Sea Containers hotel where we were staying - fantastic views over the River from inside and even better from the outside terrace if you are lucky enough to get a seat out there. We managed to get a table by turning at at opening time but it was full within 5 minutes so book if you can. Huge choice of drinks which aren't cheap but you wouldn't expect them to be at a venue like this. Great decor and atmosphere - it would be a great place for a special occasion. Service is quite slow but it's a place to relax and enjoy the ambience rather than to just rush in and out for a quick drink. Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (714)

Reviewed 16 March 2020

The 12th Knot is the rooftop bar of the sea containers hotel on the South Bank. The bar is a lovely place to be which matches the decor of the rest of the hotel which is excellent. My wife and I had a couple of cocktails (£30) and a bottle of wine - I felt the drinks were overpriced but worse than that, the service was dreadful, it took ages to be served by the understaffed crew and when we received our bill it was incorrect. Nice enough but I wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Lovely bar itself, very swanky and fancy but the service here is atrocious and so are the drinks. After paying £15 for a cocktail you’d expect a little more than a glass full of ice. I asked the barman if he could change it and he rudely said ‘that’s how they come’ !! After speaking to another lovely staff member who actually cared, I must have waited about 20 mins for a new cocktail which came... full of ice again.

Reviewed 4 March 2020 via mobile

The lovely wife and I stumbled across 12th knot when looking for somewhere we could book a table for pre dinner drinks and a catch up with some friends we hadn't seen for a while

A beautiful room with incredible views across the river and a wonderful cocktail menu

Our first visit to 12th knot will not be our last

2  Thank daveburgees
Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

I booked sea containers for my anniversary. I had a bunch of rose’s and rose petals Scattered in the room as a surprise for my other half which was really nice as we entered our room. My missus was really excited because I booked a table at 12th knot we both heard the cocktails are fantastic and it’s a good atmosphere and as a guest at the hotel we are welcome but when we arrived I said to the guy at the door I’ve got a table booked and my name but We was both got greeted with a big fat your not coming in!! I was so shocked because one of the door stuff said yes then the other rushed forward and said no which I didn’t understand why and he’s reply was use have had a good party already. We both had a few drinks from the mini bar while we was getting dressed so we wasn’t drunk at all.. so I asked to speak to the manager but even the manager’s answer was no also. we asked can we have a drink in the other bar by reception as it was our anniversary night and we was all dressed up with no where to go so the manager said yes but when we arrived the door staff Was very rude once again and told us that we can’t come in because they have radioed down from 12th knot to not let us in once again. So now I’ve lost my temper and I got told to go to my room and order room service or basically get out I have never felt so mugged off in all my life especially when it’s ok to take my money for the room as a guest but not to drink in the hotel bars. But to be honest from the minute I opened my mouth in the hotel I was frowned upon because I have a strong cockney Accent and yes I am abit loud but I’m deaf in one ear so I was discriminated against for loud and mistaken for being drunk. We ended up getting a taxi to St. Paul’s to find a bar where it was only early evening and we didn’t encounter any other problems door staff throughout the night. Just want to say thank you Sea containers for ruining our anniversary night and up setting my other half. 5 star hotel all the way hahaha

3  Thank 512dannyg