“Cocktails with a view and lovely service”
Review of 12th Knot

12th Knot
Ranked #1,847 of 23,948 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$97
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Description: 12th Knot is a rooftop bar situated on the 12th floor of Sea Containers London with striking views across the river Thames and London's skyline. Inspired by a moment in time - The Bright Young Things - 12th Knot recalls this era, a time when a party was more than just a party, it was a lifestyle, an experience, a flash in time that was gone before you knew it. A place where Vans meet Valentino and where city slickers meet Southbank creatives. This stunning bar is the perfect place to sip champagne cocktails, celebrate with friends over one of our signature punches or just to simply take in the view. The bar boasts a inspired music policy which fuses sounds of the 20's 'Jazz Age' with the 21st century's popular music. 12th Knot also plays host to 'Skyline Sessions', a live music series every Wednesday night as well as featuring DJ's every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This hidden gem is a modern interpretation of 1920's London. Sunshine by day, skyline by night.
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Classy and yet unpretentious - fine cocktails served with friendliness and professionalism, this bar had an amazing river view, an outside terrace and great atmosphere. Long Island tea, cucumber champagne cocktail happily sipped while the lights came on.

Write a reviewReviews (714)

Reviewed 25 May 2015

The signature Mojito tasted terrible, it really was bad. For what is their signature drink it was not good to the point I was going to return it. Several of our party had one and most agreed. The wait staff are not professional enough either. They attempted to take our half full glasses for collection, half full because the drinks were not tasty enough to consume, we said we had not finished them, only for on their way round again the same scenario to ensue.

When it came time to pay the waitress could not calculate the bill amongst our party even to the point where she could not calculate the price of 2 drinks to deduct from the bill. our party felt sorry that they were made to wear their uniforms also.

The view is nice, but the whole performance of getting up there and going through concierge after concierge for a mediocre experience somewhat ruined it. In other places in Europe it all comes as standard and I wondered what has happened to London for this dreadful mess to occur?

Date of visit: May 2015
3  Thank Globally_Travelling
Reviewed 22 May 2015

Great views from the outside terrace and a very spacious lounge.
Small cocktail menu.
The staff were very welcoming and helpful.
Funky lift for a selfie moment!

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 20 May 2015

If you get on the guest list you'll enjoy the views and cocktails in this buzzing bar. The staff are attentive, polite and welcoming.

We enjoyed the atmosphere and the views across the city.

We'll be back!

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 18 May 2015 via mobile

I was staying at the hotel for my 40th birthday and asked for a table at 9.30pm during my stay. Despite checking the booking a few hours before - they had my reservation in at 9pm when i arrived at 9.30pm and told me I was late. I explained i had booked for 9.30 and they said they would try and accommodate me!! This was their fault and they were looking down at me!!

Worse was to come - about an hour into our drinks we were asked to move because someone had reserved the area!! When we said we had reserved he just shrugged his shoulders and said he would move us to another table! We refused until he promised us a free round of drinks. But it really made us feel second class - we were expecting some vip to turn up - but almost 45 mins before a couple sat there who looked pretty ordinary to us.

But the final straw was when we signed the cheque to go and were chased and pulled back in front of the other guests as they said we hadn't paid a deposit on check in!! We had and had to explain this but to be treated as though we were criminals was mortifying!! Surely even if we hadn't paid £300 up front on my card at check in then they would catch us at check out??!! It really made me and my party furious and unwanted. Disgusted - i would not recommend this place to anyone.

2  Thank Crane75