“Picky eater”

Cuisines: International, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: If Archipelago were a film it would definitely be one of the Indiana Jones series. First, the menu features all manner of exotic beasties - locusts, zebra, crocodile and second the decor is an exotic mix of golden buddhas, dwarf palms and giant peacock feathers. The staff will talk you through each dish, but there's also chicken, fish, lamb and extensive vegetarian options. It's a great night out for the more adventurous - or if you happen to be having Ray Mears to stay.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We celebrated our anniversary in this restaurant. It was an amazing decision. We tried zebra and crocodile as starter and then kangoroo and ostrich as main, with chocolate covered scorpio in the end. Even though I am a really picky eater, I can say, everything was really tasty.
Our server Alex just made our special evening even better. Thank you Alex!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Had an amazing meal with friends for my 50th birthday. The menu is so different with meat from different continents and mixtures of flavours and spices, the combinations were delicious. A few daring things to eat (Ants...!), nice wine, and Alex the host/waiter was excellent. He explained everything on the menu and made recommendations of what the best combinations were.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Tonight me and my partner went to archipelago to try something different.
We book a table for 6:30, before going there we got a phone call with our “password” for the time of our arrival at the restaurant, very cute.
The place is amazing, cozy and with loads of extravagant decorations. The time we went was quiet, just two more tables upstairs with our, which was great. The waiter was also really kind and welcoming.
For started I had the zebra, which I highly recommend and was very tasty, and my partner chose python. Both dishes were great. Also we got a cricket salad. The main were delicious. I got the ostrich steak and it was amazing, the meat was tender and juicy, the salad was great and the potatoes wrapped with bacon so tasty. My boyfriend got crocodile curry, just take it if you like very very spicy food! The croc was also very tasty, but the curry hid a bit the flavour in my opinion. Dessert also great.
Crazy the spirit “visit from the doctor”: the bottle has a snake inside! Overall for three starters, two mains, two desserts, two drinks each plus the spirit in the end we paid 130 pounds, which I consider a fair price. I was so impressed overall, I would definitely go back, also with a group of friend I think it would be fun.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Had the most delicious meal here. Such a quirky fun place with an amazing variety of exotic food. You are spolit for choice and decisions were hard but the python, zebra and alpaca were all so tasty. The curry ice cream was delicious too. Thoroughly recommended - great for couples and groups.

1  Thank Lynsey M
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Such an awesome place! The interior fun and different, waiter was lovely and helpful and the food was amazing. Definitely try the crocodile and ostrich.

1  Thank pikelet2