“Not impressed”

Ranked #5,039 of 23,946 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$76
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cottons is something of a Chalk Farm institution. And with a history going back to 1985, how could it be anything else? Cottons Restaurant in Camden offers Modern Caribbean Cuisine in a colorful laid-back environment. Combine it with live music, thirst quenching cocktails, a collection of over 300 types of rum, and DJ’s playing sunshine vibes every weekend - and you have Cottons Caribbean Restaurant & Rum Shack.
Reviewed 11 June 2021

I visited cottons Nottinghill with my family and close friends. I personally found it unsatisfactory. My daughter makes the BEST saltfish fritters. Cottons were disgusting. The fish platter presentation was a joke, if your going to charge them prices present the food better. Very disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (340)

Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

I came with a friend who’s just experiencing London, she’s from Sweden! Wanted her to experience good food, culture and atmosphere. Cottons is the perfect place for it! We had Elissa as our hostess and she was so kind, attentive and extremely helpful with everything we needed. She recommended our drinks, which we both loved and got more of. And she helped my friend choose her meal, which she demolished. We really love this place and want to thank everyone , especially Elissa for the experience!! We will be back!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 24 May 2021

Went for the brunch and the food went down a treat but have to note the customer service was just 10/10! We felt so well looked after by Tia, thank you for making it a wicked bottomless brunch for me and my friends, staff were all just totally on point with friendliness and smiles and definitely topping up drinks!

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 11 December 2020

I have been going here for a while as the food is great but have just discovered they got a low rating of 2 from the Food Standards Agency (improvement is necessary) so will not be going back until they have sorted this out

Very disappointing

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 26 October 2020

We had the bottomless brunch.... think beer and wind should be added to drinks list it’s either Prosecco or punch ... and you can’t switch once you have chosen!!

However our drinks were never empty and constantly topped up... food was delicious... jerk and Mac n cheese was really good...

The only criticism would be the toilets!! They were disgusting.. the smell put me off my food a bit as I gagged some bleach and a paint would sort it and a few urinal mints!

I’d Defo return if only for the 2 hours of Prosecco .... but would enjoy a few red stripes too

Date of visit: October 2020