“Wedding anniversary celebration”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Located in Fitzrovia, the heart of the West End, Pied a Terre is one of the capital's most established fine dining, Michelin-starred restaurants. Although established in 1991, it has been under the guidance of David Moore since 1998 and has gone on to gain some of the highest gastronomic awards and accolades possible. Beautifully appointed and radiating modest quality, the restaurant is charmingly intimate. As you expect, the service is professional yet discreet in order to maintain a relaxed atmosphere. For larger parties, the second floor private dining room seats up to 13 guests and comes with butler style service at no extra cost. Diners can also enjoy La Petite Chambre bar on the first floor for drinks and canapes or exclusive wine tasting events. The cuisine is both simple and inventive, with care and attention to detail as the focus. Combine this dining experience with the outstanding selection of wines, and you have a match made in heaven.
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

With my wife celebrating our wedding anniversary, although there was no acknowledgement of this. The advertised champagne for all diners was not allowed given we’d gone for a set menu with BYO. A couple of courses, although tasty, lacked substance. For example, the pork main course looked mean with just a few pieces of charred onion and apple matchsticks. The tiramisu dessert did not resemble nor taste like a tiramisu. Although the restaurant had just regained a Michelin star it still has some way to go in our opinion to justify a return visit. To the restaurant’s credit, after complaining we were given a couple of glasses of champagne with more if we return, but not sure if the food justifies the potential expense.

1  Thank AdrianL54
David_Foodie_London, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hi

Great to see you yesterday and thank you for the feedback on the Pork dish which is being paired with polenta from to day to add more substance.

I have just checked and we were not made aware of the wedding anniversary, you booked on-line and only mentioned that you wanted the 5 courses for £55 with free corkage, and you brought 2 bottles.

All offers are caveated with the "not available with any other offer" and that is what the team interrupted as being the situation with your special priced menu.

David

Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed 6 October 2018

We came here for lunch to enjoy a vegan tasting menu. The experience was a culinary and visual delight. The service was impeccable.

2  Thank FactotumDellaCitta
David_Foodie_London, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

A very big "Thank you"

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely food and wine nice atmosphere
A good choice of different menus to suit both meat and vegetarian tastes
Not sure if considered value for money but a lovely one off experience

Hi

A big thank you for dining with us for your special occasion, we really appreciate it and know there are many
options out there.

I know the price can add up, but we have a la carte at £65, a seasonal tasting at £70 and other tasting menus going north
of that. In comparison to other London restaurants it isn't pricey and I think we represent good value in the fine dining, Michelin arena.

We have wines starting at £29 per bottle which is pub pricing, and most other restaurants of our ilk would normally start at north of £50.

But, I'm thrilled to hear you thought it " a lovely experience"

very best

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Enjoying an evening with a friend doing a vegan menu tasting The food is amazing. I personally feel everyone should try it. I’m a great foody and I will try anything about food. I would highly recommend it even if you’re not vegan. The device and the hospitality is so amazing I have hardly missed the meet and it’s one of the best experiences I have had. This is just the deserts. I do apologise for not taking any of the mains. Promise next time I will definitely take pics of the mains.

1  Thank Storme V
David M, Owner at Pied a Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review us. And what a fabulous review too. Offering a great selection of food to all of customers is really important to us. We really take great pride in our vegetarian and vegan menus so I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the food, particularly as you are a carnivore!

We look forward to welcoming you again, with your camera!

Reviewed 22 September 2018

An absolutely memorable experience. We treated ourselves to ten of Pied à Terre's finest courses. Each course demonstrating techniques, flavour combinations and skill only a restaurant of this quality could serve you. For us the duck course was the star of the show, beautifully cooked and served with seasonal chard and roscoff onions. A taste sensation!

The service was impeccable, staff knowledgable, friendly and more than happy to engage in conversation. The sommelier picked us a wine which complemented the meal entirely, yet didn't break the bank, both two french and spanish ladies working front of house staff were great to chat to, both friendly and engaging - a real credit to the team!

The stand out for us both was meeting the owner David who gave us a behind the scenes tour of the kitchen where we got to meet the head chef Asimakis, both incredibly friendly and went out of their way to make us feel at home. It was such a laid back evening and thank you for making it one we will remember for a long time to come. Top marks all around, we will be back!

What a wonderfully detailed review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I''m so glad you had an evening not to be forgotten any time soon. This is exactly what we all aim for. The team is a joy to work with which makes me a very proud and lucky owner.

I look forward to seeing you soon.