“Spa hotel”

Spa at The Montcalm
Ranked #94 of 760 Spas & Wellness in London
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

The best SPA hotel I have been to, very clean, amazing customer service, well looked after and made to be felt at home. Incredible rooms. I would advise anyone to come and try it out!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I booked through Groupon with a deal for two people for 1 hour treatment each. I called to confirm it was booked in for two people beforehand and was assured it was. Arrived there on the day and only had one person booked for one hour. After an hour of trying to figure out a resolution they could only offer half a hour treatment each. They said we could book another day for the other one hour treatment to be received, so we did. After calling three times I still have not received my confirmation booking so I am already uncertain it is booked. Called today and now been told this booking is only for half an hour, not the full hour as promised. They are supposed to be sorting this out and giving a call back but we'll see if this happens.
So I am very much not impressed with their admin services - very unreliable.
The spa itself was ok, nothing special. They did not have any towels available which was very unhelpful considering they give everyone pool access.
Overall I would not come back here nor recommend to anybody else.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Like many others on here I had received a voucher for a spa day and champagne lunch at the montcalm, and was looking forward to a nice meal and a treatment or two in the spa. I was however left hugely disappointed was still very hungry after lunch being served only a chicken breast and some green veg, I couldn't justify spending £8 for a starter/dessert. As for the spa I was under the impression that the experience included treatments, so had put off booking something with my local beauty shop, this was not the case at all. The treatments I couldn't afford ranging from £50 - £200+, which left me and my friend to use the very compact facilities, including a hot tub, very small lap pool (jets didn't work), steam room and sauna. Would not recommend this hotel for the virgin experience, left very disappointed and hungry had to stop for more food as soon as we left.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

A gift of a 2-hour spa experience with prosecco lunch was bought for my daughter and myself and we were much looking forward to a bit of relaxation and lunch in central London. The 5* hotel is ornate and opulent, the staff are very helpful and gracious. The spa, however, is a different story. It is very, very small. There were 6 people including us and it was full! The jacuzzi is basically just about big enough for 4, the green light didn't work to say you could press the 'on' button so you had to keep trying it. There were 2 tiled recliners at poolside that were cold so not relaxing. There were only 2 other recliners which were occupied and 2 seats in a dark corner. When we first entered we looked around and left the room to look for the rest of the facilities but that was it! The jets in the 'exercise pool', which I was most looking forward to having a swim against, did not work at all! The water didn't move so was consequently still and murky and was no more than 2 swim strokes long. I don not see how one could spend 2 hours in there, it was a waste of time! The ladies changing rooms - most of the lockers did not operate; it was so dimly lit, you couldn't see to apply make up; only one towel was issued for swimming, spa and showering, there was a compartment in the changing room for towels but it was empty; no robes issues so towels were wet before you even showered.
The restaurant was lovely. Although our gift was for one course there was an option to add courses, we chose a starter. The menu stated it was £15/one course; £20/two courses & £25/3 courses. We wrongly assumed adding a starter would be £5. We were charged £8 for a bowl of soup! When I queried I was informed that did not apply to our offer, very misleading. Having said that the food was very nice and the staff very attentive. To conclude I wouldn't bother with the spa and think it shouldn't be part of a Virgin experience deal.

3  Thank Jackie T