Review Highlights
Tiny place

I was given the spa virgin experience for Mother’s Day by my son and family and was looking forward... read more

Reviewed 21 September 2018
Moosie57
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
via mobile
Spa day with Prosecco Lunch

I had a voucher for a spa day with Prosecco lunch for two people. This included use of the spa... read more

Reviewed 2 June 2018

from US$32.14
from US$41.20
from US$25.80
More Info
All reviews afternoon tea from marble arch tube station an amazing experience therapist techniques
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Like many others on here I had received a voucher for a spa day and champagne lunch at the montcalm, and was looking forward to a nice meal and a treatment or two in the spa. I was however left hugely disappointed was still very hungry after lunch being served only a chicken breast and some green veg, I couldn't justify spending £8 for a starter/dessert. As for the spa I was under the impression that the experience included treatments, so had put off booking something with my local beauty shop, this was not the case at all. The treatments I couldn't afford ranging from £50 - £200+, which left me and my friend to use the very compact facilities, including a hot tub, very small lap pool (jets didn't work), steam room and sauna. Would not recommend this hotel for the virgin experience, left very disappointed and hungry had to stop for more food as soon as we left.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 13 April 2017

A gift of a 2-hour spa experience with prosecco lunch was bought for my daughter and myself and we were much looking forward to a bit of relaxation and lunch in central London. The 5* hotel is ornate and opulent, the staff are very helpful and gracious. The spa, however, is a different story. It is very, very small. There were 6 people including us and it was full! The jacuzzi is basically just about big enough for 4, the green light didn't work to say you could press the 'on' button so you had to keep trying it. There were 2 tiled recliners at poolside that were cold so not relaxing. There were only 2 other recliners which were occupied and 2 seats in a dark corner. When we first entered we looked around and left the room to look for the rest of the facilities but that was it! The jets in the 'exercise pool', which I was most looking forward to having a swim against, did not work at all! The water didn't move so was consequently still and murky and was no more than 2 swim strokes long. I don not see how one could spend 2 hours in there, it was a waste of time! The ladies changing rooms - most of the lockers did not operate; it was so dimly lit, you couldn't see to apply make up; only one towel was issued for swimming, spa and showering, there was a compartment in the changing room for towels but it was empty; no robes issues so towels were wet before you even showered.
The restaurant was lovely. Although our gift was for one course there was an option to add courses, we chose a starter. The menu stated it was £15/one course; £20/two courses & £25/3 courses. We wrongly assumed adding a starter would be £5. We were charged £8 for a bowl of soup! When I queried I was informed that did not apply to our offer, very misleading. Having said that the food was very nice and the staff very attentive. To conclude I wouldn't bother with the spa and think it shouldn't be part of a Virgin experience deal.

3  Thank Jackie T
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Voucher for spa and prosecco lunch.

Spa part was perfect - really quiet and relaxed and great service. Really clean and perfect temperature. Very good changing area. Water and magazines provided.

Lunch was extremely poor. Prosecco only good bit. Limited menu and opted for steak and paid surcharge. Steak was tiny and looked like leftovers. Burnt garlic bulb on side. Charge £5 extra for water and a tip.

I get it was a voucher but make a simple lunch or small afternoon tea instead of scrimping on main meals.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Started off with two hours at the spa. Receptionist showed me around and provided me with slippers and a towel. Spa is very small however that wasn't a problem to me as I'm not fussed. It was very clean and the pool and Jacuzzi we really nice and warm. The chafing room got busy on my way out and I help extremely squashed. Now for the lunch. So sad because the food was nice but it took foreverrrrrr. We waited over 1 hour before our food was served and the restaurant had no more than 10 people. The staff had no idea what they were doing I wasn't even down for a reservation. All in all I wouldn't return here again purely for the restaurant and the very poor service. I wasn't sure as I saw mixed reviews before I booked but this isn't worth the time. Had to pay extra for the sides which he over charged us for and I refused to pay.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank Akiema F
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We spent a couple of hours at this spa recently. The spa itself is quite small with average steam room and sauna. Jacuzzi good size. The best bit of this place by far are the staff. They couldn't do enough for us with positive and happy attitudes. The quality of treatments were good too.

1  Thank Jane G