“Hamilton - did anyone else struggle to hear the words of the songs?”

Victoria Palace Theatre
Ranked #199 of 1,827 things to do in London
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I thought this was good but maybe not quite as good as the critics or the rest of the audience who seemed to feel that every song was worthy of ecstatic applause and wild cheers. I wonder if I missed something or was it because I couldn’t actually hear the words of most of the songs. There was no denying the energy, the music or the superb choreography, and it would be hard not to admire the gorgeous restoration of the Victoria Palace theatre, but I have to confess I came away wondering quite what all the fuss was about.

1  Thank Chris I
in 25 reviews
"tickets"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a Cameron mackintosh thatre and has been very expensively restored and decorated. Stunning.
However for "Hamilton" to stop ticket resale everyone needed to line up outside for ID checks before being issued their tickets!! Not great in bad or cold weather.
Our seats were at the very back of the Grand Circle in a private box of 4 seats.
Drinks can be pre ordered and delivered.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Saw Hamilton here last night (every bit as amazing as they say) theatre itself is nice, standard seats but if you want more the leg room try row K as this is the first row before the split in the middle becomes stops so try to get those! Drinks prices ok considering its london 2 San Miguels cost £10 & ice creams £3 each - really friendly staff

1  Thank Sophie K
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The tickets were hard to come by but 12 months after the original purchase we finally got to see it. The whole show was amazing from start to finish, it made me laugh, cry and cheer like a maniac along with everyone else at the end. The theatre itself has been newly renovated and to a very high spec, my only negative would be the leg room, I am a short person and I found it a bit uncomfortable so not sure how the taller people felt. however that couldn't spoil a truly fantastic piece of musical theatre genius.