“Amazing food- great staff- full recommend”
Review of Victoria Stakes

Victoria Stakes
Reserve with OpenTable
Victoria Stakes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,032 of 24,832 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I went to the Victoria Stakes for a Wedding Reception and it was amazing.

The staff are very attentive- from making sure there was a glass of fizz in hand, to sorting out a cup of tea. They were all very professional but good fun too.

The setting is quirky and fun. It has high ceilings, and an open courtyard making it feel airy but retaining the atmosphere.

The food is amazing. Seeing as they were catering for a room full of people it all came out hot and very yummy. From the arancini starter to the lamb main and then canape puddings (so you can have more than one) it was all amazing. The evening food of mini burgers, halloumi burgers, and chips was just right and my mouth is watering as a type thinking about them.

If the normal day to day food is as good as what I had at a wedding then this place gets top marks from me.

1  Thank Ellen W

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Just back from holiday, we booked a family Easter roast here. I’d say it is the best roast ever to date. Staff are lovely and shuffled tables around once the realised our mum was unable to do the stairs. We all had a lovely time. Special thanks to ‘Ledi’ our lovely waitress xx

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Clearly my roast dinner tops any a pub can produce but as an excellent second best the Victoria Stakes scores highly. Excellent, prompt and friendly service. Places were hot ( always a good sign) and food plentiful. Background music great and not overpowering forcing us to shout at one another. I’d return.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We came here as a group of 5 for Mother’s Day lunch. The Sunday menu is fairly limited (mains wise) on a Sunday, but there are two options that aren’t a roast, so not completely lacking in alternatives.

The selection of starters are really great. I could have genuinely ordered any of them, but went for the halloumi with sweet chilli, which was excellent. I am not usually a fan of roast dinners but I went for the roast beef and couldn’t fault a thing - the beef was very tender, the gravy was thick, and the veg al dente (as it should be!). Dessert again was great - a huge slab of sticky toffee pudding!

Value for money is top notch - 5 of us had a three course meal each, a bottle of wine, an additional glass of wine, a Guinness, three soft drinks and service - £185. Service is great, the barman and our waitress wonderful.

The atmosphere is really good, and I love that it is dog friendly. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We were a group of friends and had a good dinner at Victoria Stakes. The service was good and we enjoyed our food. Our only frustration was trying to find a healthier option which was a little tricky and when it came not really up to par. Still, a decent option in the area that we’d return to