1,478 results
All reviews kilburn station pan asia restaurant cricklewood broadway swimming pool adjoining pub jubilee line lovely hotel wembley stadium oyster card bus stop hot breakfast transport links min walk marble arch central london good nights sleep booked this hotel
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is attached to a beautiful old red-stone building, which is the pub and restaurant. The hotel is situated on a busy high street, full of different varieties of shops and restaurants.
The rooms are adequate, well furnished and clean. The staff are very welcoming and helpful.
The breakfast is nice and plentiful
There is parking, however it’s situated underground , behind the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kriso730
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Best thing about this hotel is the size of the bathroom, and in particular the bath itself, huge for London. Short walk to the underground, local cheaper options all around for food which I would choose over the hotel. Safe did not work, neither did the phone. Requested twice to 2 different desk clerks to have someone check them out, but to no avail. In all fairness they have a pool and a gym which we did not use so that would add value for someone if that's what they're interested in. Interesting grand reception area. Parking horrible, very small and tight area, but it is London after all.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2018

I could write a review and talk about the comfortable rooms with lots of space, the gorgeous bathrooms and the efficiency of the free WiFi. I could focus on the original features of Victorian architecture being abundant in the older part of the hotel and the way the old and new have been seemlessly blended. The sculpted ceilings in the bar and hall above, and the fireplaces well over 100 years old are something to amaze. Yet none of these things are the dominant feature of this hotel. It’s the staff and type of guest that the Clayton Crown attracts that make this hotel stand head and shoulders above others. In a sense it’s a microcosm of a world where people get on well and do as much as possible to support each other. Doesn’t matter if you’re Chinese, Japanese, American, English, Irish, from an African country or anywhere else, there’s harmony and kindness one toward another. Whether it stems from the staff I don’t know but it’s a remarkable feature that makes me want to return time and again. Even if I was a solo traveller I wouldn’t feel at all uncomfortable in the Crown, Everyone is made welcome so when you go out and then return later it feels like you’re coming home. Thank you people of the Clayton Crown. I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and also in London but I think you’re the best and it’s your people that make you the top.

Room Tip: If you’ve got the money have a suite as a lovely treat. All rooms are nice but south facing are lighter.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank V S
Clayton_Crown_Hotel, Deputy General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Dear V S,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review,
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the team were able to look after you,
I will pass on your very kind words to the team.
We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Kind Regards
Patrick Hogan
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in business. The room was ok, I was on the fourth floor, it nothing to warrant its four star rating.

However, the restaurant experience, from start to finish was shocking!

The restaurant is in the pub- half which remains a pub and the other half which has tables for dinners.

It’s loud, very little by way of atmosphere or ambiance (other than the loud and annoying ‘call bell’ which let the waitress know that a food order was ready) and service is very poor.

I had to ask to be seated, waited a while then had to ask for a drinks menu (I’m told there is only a wine list), waited a long while and then eventually was asked ‘what do you want?’.

Ordinarily drinks orders are taken first, then the food order. In this case it’s everything in one order.

My glass of red was served ‘full to the brim’ in a wine glass- no breathing room.

My tap water came in a half pint glass and tasted florally (like detergent).

I ordered the braised beef, which was to be accompanied by root vegetables. I also ordered some olives and bread to start.

A long while later the entire food order came together. Olives, bread and main meal along with some poor, inaudible excuse about the chef.

I explained that the bread and olives were supposed to be a starter (which was made clear when I placed the order) and that as my main meal had been brought out I wouldn’t require these.

The main meal, the beef, came swimming in gravy- who does this these days? Where was the gravy boat? I don’t like lots of gravy and I expect a four star establishment to at least use a gravy bowl (crikey, even Wetherspoons uses a gravy bowl!).

The ‘root vegetables’ that were supposed to come with the beef turned out to be frozen peas, carrots and cauliflower. All hard and tasteless. When I asked why there was no root vegetables the waitress initially said it didn’t come with these. She then checked the menu and uttered something else inaudible but which sounded like another chef/kitchen excuse and that she’d speak to the chef, leaving me to expect from the conversation that root vegetables would be arriving.

I waited, beef getting colder, mash getting soggier in the gravy, and waited. No root vegetables came so I ate a bit more beef and gave up.

I was then offered the desert menu. A choice of three off the set ‘chef’s special’ menu. Ice cream, tiramisu or crumble.
No cheese board, no fruit option, no chocolate pudding. Again, Wetherspoons offers a more varied range!

The one waitress spent a considerable amount of time chatting with her friend who arrived, speaking in their native tongue, with the waitress taking no notice of the diners who had finished their course, or maybe wanted another drink, or the bill.

The whole dining experience was shockingly poor.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Stayed at the hotel on a number of occasions over the past few years. The hotel is a little out of the centre of London but has excellent and quick links via bus and underground into the city centre.

On my last visit August 2018, rooms were clean and functional, it was however noticeable that the rooms and particularly bathrooms are in need of refurbishment not having received a make over and well used.

On a positive, rooms are clean and comfortable but chrome finish is begining to flake from bath fittings and silicone seals round bath are showing signs of age.

That stated the rooms were serviceable and acceptable though not 5 star finish. The hotel is competitively priced hence worth considering for a short stay. Staff were pleasant and helpful during our stay.......

The location is not the most upmarket but ok for a base to head out and explore the city with many fast food shops and restaurants.

If looking for 5 star finish accommodation I would suggest other options however for good value clean accommodation, worthy of consideration depending on where you plan to visit in the city.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank ELRMCL
Clayton_Crown_Hotel, Deputy General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear ELRMCL,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review,
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the 4* Clayton Crown hotel London,
We hope to welcome you back in the near future

Kind Regards