“Loads of options, very busy”
Review of Borough Market

Borough Market
Ranked #8 of 1,892 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: An amazing food market dating back to the 13th century.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

This market is a must go on a first trip to London; it has an abundance of food options and trinkets, it's clean, and it's also filled with people. Borough market definitely caters to tourists but also has some authentic stands. It's also close to London Bridge and the Flat Iron Flea Market which can be added to your market tour for a nice afternoon of browsing (and boozing if you so desire.)

2  Thank Emma B
Write a ReviewReviews (10,930)
All reviews
"great market"
in 219 reviews
"fruit and veg"
in 106 reviews
"london bridge tube station"
in 76 reviews
in 92 reviews
"shard"
in 248 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I met some friends from California who thought the market was characterful and great for breakfast. They enjoyed good strong Turkish coffee and brunch from Maria's cafe.
There are basic toilet facilities in the precincts of the market too.
It's very close to the London Bridge underground station and easy walking along to the Golden hind and the Globe so you could start a day trip here and see quite a lot in a small area. Also close to Southwark cathedral.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We just had to experience this market on the way to site seeing in the area. Hustle and bustle galore! We did a walk around once to see everything they had to offer. We then sampled some foods from different booths. My husband was more adventurous than I was. The market was crowded, a bit littered and we spent more than we thought. All and all, another London thing to try.

1  Thank KMurr66
Reviewed 1 May 2018

I had my first visit to Borough Market last Thursday morning. I arrived as the market was just opening. It wasn't too busy then. However, it was filling up by the time i left just before midday. It is a food lover's paradise. The choice of stalls is mind boggling. There's something for everyone. It's a real assault on the senses. If it wasn't for the fact that I had to catch a train I would have been there all day. A fabulous place. Highly recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2018

I tend to pride myself on knowing what to do when I travel. This is one where I dropped the ball. I don't mean just the market, but the entire neighborhood. We spent time at the Christmas Market, and planned on walking through the market, since we have seen hundreds of markets in other towns. However, when we turned into the first opening of this market, it all flooded me with a crazy, bustling, great smelling place to be. Like in Harrods.....but in a different way. I could have turned in any direction and found somewhere that I wanted to spend time and shop and eat and repeat. Unfortunately, it was around lunch time and I must have been the only one who didn't respect this place in my plans, since it was crowded.

Since we had to get lunch and get my daughter to the bus station, we couldn't even wait to get a bite here (plus it would have taken me an hour to narrow it down to what I would have wanted to eat). Please don't underestimate this place if you like hustling and bustling marketplaces. We will be back....

4  Thank PJWallyrock