“Wonderful food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant is never empty and I'm not surprised, the food is really good. As a vegetarian I struggle to find a nice place to eat, this is certainly one of them. All the food, my husband is not a vegetarian and ordered some great kebabs, he, like myself is very fussy but likes the food here.
We arrived without making an reservation so had to wait a little to get a table, the place was heaving and it was quite late in the evening so understood why we had to wait. The staff were lovely and did their best to accomodate us, there were six of us so it wasn't easy. We had some great food and were served by very attentive staff, one of whom I'd like to mention, Mahvash, she was exceptionally nice. All the staff were lovely and to make the evening even better the bill was very reasonable. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who wants a great South Indian meal at very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I've eaten here many times as it's local to me. Over the years the portions have shrunk as the prices increase. I understand that food costs are going up but admit I was disappointed when the chicken tikka masala dosa I ordered had about two chunks of chicken chopped up and mixed with spicy mashed potato. It used to be at least four maybe even five! Sadly the sambar also tastes a bit watered down. The new printed menus and new owners are possibly why things have changed. That said, this place was packed on a Thursday evening and the service is great. Maybe I'm ordering the wrong things?? I'll probably be back as it's still tasty Indian food but not in a great hurry to return.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Apart from ropey old menus and 1970s decor I would recommend this restaurant as the food is authentic and certainly the best Asian in Enfield.
It is certainly great value for money and well worth a visit.

ChennaiSpice, Manager at Chennai Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

thanks for the comment.we have ordered for the new menu and will be coming day after tomorrow.keep comment .our team is working towards the perfection.thanks

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

All their fish tastes old, please dont order any fish orders.

Their menus are cello taped which is really tacky. Service is poor

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

One of the worse Restaurants have been in London I was a weekly customer not any more sending at least 40 pounds a month but sadly to say a poor service food average time making the food long periods of time also the take way takes ages.
One I had them come several times delivery and
Every time some thing was missing.
They need expertise on running a restaurant.
Very poor indeed.

Some dishes are good while others are purely done in a hurry with lots of oil.