All reviews victoria station buckingham palace within walking distance stay there again charming hotel full english breakfast small hotel breakfast each morning included breakfast sloane square hot breakfast spent nights minute walk quiet area pubs and restaurants nice breakfast superior room
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

Stayed in a twin room on 3rd floor, nice clean room, unfortunately only one night as so nice place to stay would have welcomed a more prolonged stay. Arrived early to drop off suitcases etc as we were visiting tutankhamun display which is nearby in the saatchi Gallery, met a very pleasant friendly and competent receptionist, decided to have lunch in the bistro, very reasonable and served by another very friendly person, very nice lunch, off we went to saatchi Gallery to tutankhamun (which you must visit if you get the chance) when we returned a different receptionist but equally friendly, bags had been transfered to the room, nice touch. Had a tea and a coffee ☕ using the nespresso machine in the room, nice shower and lovely towels & shampoo etc, then off to the theatre, on the bus lots of stops nearby, upon late return the night chap who again very pleasant. In the morning lovely greeting from the lovely lady hosting (Portuguese) & other staff. Upon checking out different reception team I think owner, who ended our visit with a friendly goodbye. Would definitely stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Emily Hambi, Other at The Windermere Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2020

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again, for another great stay. Please remember that the best rates are always available direct, so please give us a call or send us an email whenever you're ready to book!

Reviewed 20 January 2020 via mobile

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this lovely quiet corner. The room was spacious and comfortable.

Magda is a delightful hostess, who will go out of her way to ensure a comfortable stay. Every staff member we interacted with was friendly and attentive to our needs.

The breakfast is excellent with many options to suit all tastes. The coffee is great and we enjoyed having a nespresso machine in our room as well. I wish I had thought to obtain the name of the breakfast staff member whose exuberance and intuitive care is an exemplary ideal. She deserves five stars on her own.

Thanks to ALL.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ohiorose58

Reviewed 20 January 2020 via mobile

Thank you Magda for your professional approach.
You made my stay comfortable and with a batg which is quite scarce in hotels in central London unless you have a larger which i did. I upgraded from a single to a Double.

Close is Victoria station with lots of shops and tje Apollo theatre. Eccleston Square is close to Wilton way and Windermere hotel in case you decide to walk. Its a bit difficult to find in the dark.

Pity the restaurant was closed which meant the bar was also closed.

The bed was exceptionally comfortable as well as the bathroom is well equipped.
A good place to stay if you are going to be out and about or sight seeing.
Thank you Magda for being pleasant and calling a taxi for me.
Take care.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed 18 January 2020 via mobile

I booked the Windermere Hotel because of its positive reviews, although there were cheaper options available at the time, and also paid for a superior room as it was a Christmas gift for my partner when going to see a show close by.

We were greeted by a lovely friendly receptionist who showed us to our room and offered fresh milk to go with the complementary tea and coffee which is a nice touch. The room was warm when we checked in but within an hour noticed both the radiator and towel rail were cold and there was NO hot water. We phoned reception and the receptionist came up and assured us the heating was now coming on at 6:00pm. When we returned from the theatre and ran a bath the water was tepid and that was just running the hot tap. In the morning we discovered there was NO hot water and my partner braved a cold shower but I didn’t so was unable to shower or wash my hair, which is really a basic requirement for a stay. We mentioned it when we checked out and the part owner present went to have a look but never called or emailed to apologise so am disappointed. As AirBnB hosts ourselves we take pride on making sure our guests leave happy.

On a positive a nice breakfast is provided and the lady taking the orders is a delight and nothing was too much trouble.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Emily H, Co-Owner at The Windermere Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2020

Dear Victoria996

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to post your review. We are very sorry to receive your comments. We have central heating, but it is not set to run 24-hours a day, as we find that this is most comfortable for our guests.

I was around during your check-out, and introduced myself to you when I overheard your comments. As you know, I was extremely sorry to hear that you did not have any hot water, and I immediately went up to your room to check the situation, whilst your check-out was being done. I was disappointed to see that you had left by the time I had returned downstairs, because I had hoped to speak with you and report my findings. I was able to run hot water from all the taps in the bathroom (basin, bath & shower). I apologise that I did not follow-up with an email or a telephone call.

We would love to welcome you back. Please do send us an email or give us a call, if you would like to make a reservation, so that we can look after you.

Reviewed 7 January 2020

All aspects of our stay were perfect! Very comfortable hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. In a very convenient location within walking distance of Victoria Station. Simply cannot find any fault whatsoever and will definitely visit again in the future.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Flowforce

Dear Flowforce

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We also hope to welcome you again. The best rates are always available direct, so please give us a call or send us an email whenever you're ready to book!