1,029 results
All reviews turnham green stamford brook main building kew gardens district line small window high street air con single room stayed here for one night restaurants and pubs bus routes the ground floor beans tube station family room buffet breakfast
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed her for three nights (my daughters and I) for some quick sight seeing in London. My goal was to find a convenient location where 3 could sleep in a room and it wouldn't break the bank. I'm also not a fan of roughing it too much when I'm not staying in the developing world. This was a great spot. We took the Train from Heathrow into the city and then took the Undergound District line to Turnam Green which what a short 5 -7 minute walk to the hotel. AT first blush the neighborhood might seem a little sketchy but after spending a few days there we felt very comfortable that it was just a nice non-touristy neighborhood. The front desk staff assured us we were safe jogging in the area and walking to the train at any hour. Our check in was seamless. The gave us a nice size room for three (Queen bed w/ a twin) that was clean, though basic. The bathroom was nice with good hot water and nice pressure but it was very small. Who cares?! We were not there for a spa experience! Be forewarned there were no bathroom amenities and no wash clothes (for the Americans.) In the lobby there was 24 hour tea, coffee and hot chocolate and in the room an electric tea pot/cups and biscuits. There was a buffet breakfast for about 7.95 pounds which we did not take. There were plenty of places near by for breakfast (including a Starbucks!- Yikes!) The front desk was very helpful with getting us all we needed, including lend us a current adapter (as ours was not working.) We found the location very convenient and took the underground absolutely everywhere. For the price it was fantastic and we would definitely stay here again. PS- as for air conditioner: It was ok, Not great, but we weren't sweating at night.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank OBonthego
BWChiswickLondon, General Manager at Best Western Chiswick Palace & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear OBonthego

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave detailed feedback regarding your recent experience with us.

We are delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and our staff exceeded your expectations. We offer
bathroom amenities and towels including face towels in all of our rooms and this is a normal standard in the hotel. Please
let us know next time if you require assistance and we will gladly help.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Excellent hotel! Great hotel in very good location. Close to tube and plenty of restaurants easily walked to. Room was clean and very comfortable. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful with great suggestions for tours and transportation, restaurants and tips. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank brandis189

Dear brandis189

Thank you so much for your lovely review!

It is so rewarding to hear when we have exceeded guests' expectation, your comment that our staff were "extremely friendly and helpful" is most appreciated. Our team here constantly strive to achieve the very best in customer service excellence and will continue to build upon valuable feedback provided by our customers.

Thank you once again, please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next stay.

We anticipate your return in the near future,

Reviewed 11 July 2018

All was great except I wished for a quieter room. Walls are thin so could hear upstairs bathroom water running through pipes, and my door and window were right next to a loud self-closing external door. I was in a tiny single room, so I'd say the bathroom would be very hard to move around in if the door were closed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWChiswickLondon, General Manager at Best Western Chiswick Palace & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear LoveTheCoastline

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do not hesitate to inform a member of staff for any assistance as we could have offered you a room move if you felt your particular room was not quiet.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Hotel and room spotlessly clean, wonderful air conditioning. Tea and coffee making facilities in room. Hair dryer provided. Easy walking distance of tube stations and restaurants. Staff very helpful and friendly, even gave my husband a surprise birthday cake. Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank kilhawspat

Dear kilhawspat

What a lovely review!

Thank you so much for your kind words of praise, it is so rewarding to hear when we have exceeded guests' expectations and that
you had a wonderful stay with us. Our staff are trained in delivering exceptional customer service and we will be sharing your feedback with the whole team.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next booking and we eagerly await to welcome you back as valued customers.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I visited this hotel January 2017 and wasn't really wowed by it- I've come to stay at it again some 18 months later as my usual hotel was booked out.
I still think this is an odd hotel, with it having two buildings- the main hotel, and an outside building full of "flat rooms".
As with last time, I have been placed in the annex building, however instead of being in a downstairs "dungeon" type room I was in an upstairs one.
This one was much better than last time, much more modern and with a lovely bathroom, night and day in comparison with the downstairs one. It had air conditioning, which is a god send in this heat, hairdryer and coffee making facilities. There was also an ironing board and iron in the hallway, although I didn't need it it was good to know it was there.
I had a much improved visit here compared to the last time, I just hope If I stay again that I don't get the downstairs room again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank KaffdeBaff

Dear KaffdeBaff

Thank you for your detailed feedback, we most appreciate your comments and are grateful you chose to return to us.

We always encourage our guests to let us know any preferences so we may endeavour to fulfill them, and so please let us know
for future bookings of your preferred room allocation and we will ensure your satisfaction.

All our rooms are fully equipped and are allocated in two beautiful Victorian buildings which have been recently renovated, we receive numerous positive feedback regarding our building, rooms and facilities and hope you will continue to stay with us.

Hoping to welcome you back very soon,