“Amazing Staff”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Just a stone's throw away from the heart of London, Café Rouge Kingsway is a large airy bistro offering the ideal setting to enjoy our fantastic menu, or just unwind over a glass of your favourite. We have the perfect setting to host larger parties and celebrations to a quick pre-theatre dinner or an intimate dinner for two. Book a table now and experience the best bistro in town.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

My fiance and I just came for drinks after work and the staff were so friendly and accommodating. If you are in the area you should definitely drop by to see Sonia and her team!

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Just left work and you and your friend want a chill dinner? Perfect place. Sonia and the team have been great! Tasty Burger and cosy vibes.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Gutted ! After my last review of my regular go-to restaurant where I praised it high last time out, after previously poor reviews on Service, I called in tonight to find that they no longer offer Leffe beer on draft. Bought Leffe by the bottle instead. Price £5.15 for a small bottle. When you add on 'optional' Service Charge, that works out at £11.59 a pint !

And now to the food. Most disappointing meal I have had here. Ordered the Confit Duck. Duck undercooked, Potato Dauphinoise overcooked and dry, Tender Stem Broccoli cold.

Appears to be new set of staff.OK I appreciate staff turnover in London is high but would expect owners of Cafe Rouge, the CDG Group, to ensure some level of consistently and service.

I would welcome someone from the owners to contact me to discuss further. You have a good product with Cafe Rouge, but are letting your business down with inconsistency.

Seriously, £11.58 a pint of beer in a chain restaurant aimed at a mid level budget market, with no option of draught ?

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Went to this branch of cafe rouge with a friend and our two almost teen aged children,the moment we stepped in we felt that the waitress was not happy with us as we requested to seat at a table that was slightly larger than the one the waitress had chosen for us,she then took our order which arrived with items missing from the dish and as described on the menu,it was then a task in itself to try and get the attention of staff to try and solve the issue,when finally the waitress decided to respond to us it took so long for the missing items from my fiends dish to arrive that she had finished her meal,i also had to get up from my table to go and ask another member of staff for an alternative to cows milk and what i got in response was a shrug of the shoulders and an obrupt no,needless to say... very disappointed

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I haven’t been to a Cafe Rouge for many years. It used to be a favourite. The experience was very disappointing. The food is overpriced and very average and portions (of fries & beans) were very small. My sirloin steak was full of gristle and the pepper sauce too watery. Cafe Rouge should offer simple quality French cooking. The quality is missing. The service was poor. Their excuse ‘the kitchen is busy’. They need to sharpen up their act and drop their prices which are a rip-off for what is on offer. I’ll give it another few years before I come again!