4,791 results
All reviews trafalgar square complimentary mini bar national gallery covent garden nespresso machine bottle of champagne executive room perfect location excellent hotel west end london eye special thanks train station buckingham palace every member of staff wonderful stay big ben
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a free upgrade to an excellent room; however, standard room on my previous stay was not up to the standard I would expect of this hotel so I think some of the old/small rooms are definitely in need of improvement

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JdeVeulle
Charing X, General Manager at Amba Hotel Charing Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear JdeVeulle

Thank you for writing a review of your recent Amba Hotel Charing Cross experience.

I am delighted that you loved your excellent upgraded room. Thank you for your feedback regarding your previous standard room, as it is our best tool for improving the business. In a future stay please feel free to discuss your preferences with our front desk team. They will be happy to help you find the best room that suits your needs and preferences.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future. When you decide to return please contact me directly as it will be my pleasure to oversee the details of your booking.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a lovely arrival experience at the Hotel! Warmly greeted by the Food and Beverage Director and thrilled to find a bottle of champagne awaiting us on our return that evening from him. Excellent and friendly service especially from the front office and concierge staff. Good buffet breakfast in the bright terrace dining room. The Hotel looks lovely at night with candles lining the staircase. Great location - a short walk to Trafalgar Square, National Gallery, Covent Market, Gordon's wine bar, and train station. Thank you for making our stay special.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn C

Dear Kathryn C

Thank you for writing this lovely 5 star review of the Amba Hotel Charing Cross.

I am absolutely thrilled that you loved our historic staircase and beautiful decor. It is a great compliment to read how our attentive team make you feel so welcomed! Please be assured that I will pass this on to the team, especially the Front Office & Concierge Team and our amazing Food&Beverage Manager Asif.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. When you have decided to return please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to oversee the details of your booking.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On my last 5 trips to London, I've stayed at this hotel. The location is excellent and it is safe, in my opinion. Since last year's stay, I noticed a marked decline in customer service. I was told I'd be called when my room wasn't ready at 1:30 pm. By 4 pm I had received no called and came back to find that my room was ready. Disappointing. My room was situated in the back of the building and I was awakened on several occasions to the sound of garbage trucks and other delivery vehicles. Several times, towels were forgotten by the housekeeping crew. And the front desk was much less friendly, almost never greeting me when I entered the hotel. Hopefully it was just a bad week. It would be a shame for me to have to find another hotel to meet my needs.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank mahi817

Dear mahi817

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am truly disappointed that this time we were not able to match your expectations as we did in the past. Please be ensured that all the aspects that you have mentioned will be investigated and properly addressed as this does not reflect the high standard level of service that we strive to deliver to all our guests.

I would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and if you contact me directly it will be my pleasure to look after your reservation and guarantee that you will have a 5 stars Amba experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed here a number of times for business (see my earlier reviews). It's a very good hotel, well located for Trafalgar Sq / Covent Garden area. This time was just a coffee meeting upstairs. I was impressed with how friendly and helpful they were to someone that just wanted coffees and a table for an hour or two. Cost was also very reasonable for a London hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank GIDAYE

Dear GIDAYE

Thank you for taking your time to write this lovely 5* review about the Amba Hotel Charing Cross.

I am delighted to know how much you were impressed by our service. The location is indeed one of our highlights, as is the quality of the service we try to provide.

The loyalty of our regular guests is the best compliment that we can have and I hope you will continue to visit us many more times. If you decide to stay with us, please feel free to contact me directly as it will be my pleasure to look after your reservation.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent 5 nights here enjoying London, friends, relatives and the West End.
The Amba Charring Cross is ideally located in central London between Charring Cross and Embankment Tube stations and walking distance to Trafalgar Square, the West End theatre and restaurants.
The service was excellent from reception, concierge( Niels, Didzis in particular),)AMBA Lounge and Terrace Restaurant( a comprehensive breakfast menu and excellent service - Asif Food and Bev Manager), Room service, ambience, decor, the spiral staircase, and architecture -magnificent
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here- Recommended to us by our travel agent in Melbourne, Australia,(Travel Associates in Mt Eliza) your fame has spread around the globe......
Well done!
We will not hesitate to rebook when next in London
Cheers
Drs Prakash and Mrin Nayagam

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prakash N

Dear Prakash N

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for writing this lovely review of the Amba Hotel Charing Cross & The Terrace Restaunt.

Amba Charing Cross is rather a special place due to its attentive team and history surrounding the building, but also because of our wonderful guests who offer an equal contribution to the atmosphere and allow us to enjoy our work even more than ever.

I am delighted to read how you loved all the aspects of your stay, from our fantastic location to our beautiful decor. Please be assured that I will pass your kind words to the whole team, in particular to our amazing superstars Niels, Didzis and Mr. Asif who give such a great contribute to make your stay so pleasant.

It is such a compliment to know that you would choose our lovely property to stay in the future. Please let me know when you are planning to visit us again as it would be my pleasure to oversee the details of your next booking.

Warm regards,