2,655 results
All reviews london eye charing cross northumberland avenue embankment station sherlock holmes pub great location studio apartment small kitchen buckingham palace national gallery big ben sofa bed covent garden walking distance separate toilet self catering tesco express
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Almost perfect location if you want to see the london eye, big ben, and westminster abbey. Also enjoyed shopping at regent street and eating around chinatown, piccadily square, and soho.

I read the reviews prior to coming here. It seems that there is not intention to fix it. We stayed at one of their 2 bedroom apartments and the bathrooms were small. It is really 1 full bath which is advertised as 2 restrooms. It is difficult to get heavy luggages up their tight and steep staircase. Worse was their AC. Luckily, the weather was near perfect. I would imagine it to be unbearable during the summer.

Cost was reasonable when compared to hotels nearby.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
AlfredoR1874, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi JR M,
Thank you for your comments.
Last week we turned off the chiller as we are changing it for a new one tomorrow. This process has taken longer than we wished as the council had to get involved for us to use a crane.
So I can assure you that next time you visit us there will be no issue with the AC.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

The hotel's location is amazing at the center of London at Trafalgar Square. Service was prompt, the front desk handled problems and requests quickly and promptly.All in all this was a very good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Vacationer771212,
Thank you for your feedback.
I'm delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us!
We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I enjoyed staying in Citadines apartotel. It's close to Trafalgar square and in a walking distance from the main attractions in Central London. It's close to supermarkets and accessible restaurants. The room had a small kitchnette, with a little fridge, tablewear for two and means to heat a meal. The breakfast wasn't excellent, but it was adequate. They also had an automatic laundry, which I didn't use. The only negative thing was the noise coming from the street.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AlfredoR1874, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi carla r,
Thank you for your feedback.
I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

This is the third time I book this hotel, because I really liked the location, service, big rooms and amenities (small kitchen in room, washer dryer outside). I was rather hesitant to give such low a rating, since I really liked the hotel.

But this time my experience was hampered by the poor housekeeping and horrible cleanliness condition of the room. It’s a pity that probably just one housekeeping staff would lead to such a result:

1) The wooden floor was horribly dusty, as we could tell when we laid our suitcases on the floor and saw the covers were covered with heavy specks of dust
2) Only had 8 hangers in the two closets, though my previous times I had dozens
3) Bedside phone didn’t work as the wire was broken
4) Found an empty wine bottle in the kitchen cabinet
5) Microwave was horribly dirty, I had to wipe it down 3-4 times then boiled bowls of water to steam sterilise the machine before I dared to use it
6) Ditto for the dishwasher, which I quickly closed the door and didn’t dare to open it again

Good thing was I called reception and someone quickly came to clean up. Sadly, even after the “clean up”, only 1) was resolved, 2) to 6) weren’t addressed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank YauBaby

Hi YauBaby,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I'm sorry to read about your last experience with us, as a repeat guest you know this are not our standards and I will address this directly with the housekeeping department.
Hopefully you will give us another chance and we will see you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Outside of an ideal location and Beatrice at the front desk, who was remarkable at resolving problems, the Citadines was very disappointing. The rooms were drab, small and held uncomfortable furniture, the breakfast was overpriced and made a couple of people in our party ill for a day or so, the bed (sofa - not pleasant), regular bed (iffy comfortable). The toilet room was different and the bath/shower (in a separate room) was extremely high off the floor and so some of us (short people) were literally climbing onto the sink to be able to climb into the tub. The laundry area had more washers than dryers and the dryers took at least two runs to dry. But Beatrice was responsive and tried hard to resolve our issues, made sure that taxi's were called, wake-up calls were made and overall with a smile and kindness. I don't know that I would return to stay at Citadines, although the location was wonderful and we had fun being around Trafalgar square with lots of restaurants and shopping opportunities. But we were really tired and uncomfortable with the rooms assigned to us and happy to leave it when we did. So I gave it an average which was poor for the room and facility and excellent because of Beatrice. If you like camping or use hostels on a regular basis, this is basically an overpriced hostel like facility.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Hi andben1,
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback!
I'm sorry to read you didn't enjoy your stay with us!
Your feedback will be shared with Beatrice and I'm sure she will be pleased about it!
I'm glad you gave us your feedback as this help us to improve our services.