“Wow! Still dreaming of our meal!”
Review of The Hunter's Moon

Price range: US$14 - US$69
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Traditional countryside pub and dining room in South West London
Reviewed 11 June 2021

We heard about this place through a friend and we are so glad that we went. We were greeted upon arrival and immediately loved the vibe. The manager ( maybe owner not sure) gave us a choice to sit in the dining room or bar area and we picked the bar because it felt cosier.

The menu is insane so it was really hard to choose! We got a the raviolo starter and whoa the truffle-y creamy sauce was to die for. We asked for some bread to mop up the sauce and they brought us this fabulous bread with herbs and salt on the crust. You can tell a place is going to be good by the bread they serve so we knew we were in for a treat.

My boyfriend ordered the lamb and I order the special which was this short rib dish that sounded amazing. After we ordered, the manage came over and explained that the special was for two people but seeing that my bf really wanted to try multiple things he said he would make it for one person. You could tell that him and the staff really went out of their way to make sure you were having the most amazing time and you really felt looked after.

The lamb was so delicious and the freaking short rib special fell off the bone and melted in your mouth. It was insane. I am still dreaming about the special and would order it again in a heartbeat. It came with this yummy mac n cheese and really freaking good coleslaw which is saying a lot because coleslaw is coleslaw.

Unfortunately, we were so stuffed we couldn't even look at the dessert menu but we will be back that's for sure.

I honestly never write reviews so this place is pretty special! Seriously, go!

Thank you Hunter's Moon for such a lovely evening. We are raving about you to all of our friends!

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (82)

Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

Lovely, friendly and welcoming staff. They welcome dogs which is great as there were several tables who came with their pups. Food was lovely, well seasoned. Great burger. Focaccia was awesome. Great experience all around.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank hwicky123
Reviewed 7 December 2020 via mobile

We had the baby back rib raviolo and tempura cauliflower with curried quails egg to start. Divine & beautiful presentation.

For mains we had the featherblade of beef and the game pithivier which was also very well presented and tasted fantastic.

Pudding was a plate of the comte with honey - firm favourite - and the passion fruit baked Alaska which was a delicious sweet treat!

Aside from the welcoming warm atmosphere, the staff were fantastic - very attentive and personable - they did a really great job.

My personal favourite drink was the winter warmer: spiced apple juice with rum - absolutely delish!

Thank you so much for having us - we will be back again!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 4 December 2020

My wife and I went to The Hunters Moon last night and it was incredible. I had the baby back ribs raviolo, followed by the soy blackened salmon and finished with the hot chocolate mousse. The food was stunning - I've eaten at Michelin starred restaurants and this was just as good. The staff are attentive, friendly and knowledgeable about all of the food and drink. We will be going back soon. Fantastic.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 9 November 2020

We Visited this restaurant the evening before lockdown 2 when the London streets were gridlocked causing us to arrive 2 hours late for our reservation. Despite this the staff could not have been more helpful and understanding and despite being fully booked managed to find us a table. Food was exceptional, the Blade of Beef was melt in the mouth delicious and the staff could not have been more friendly or attentive. Top of my list to return to the day lockdown is over (If I am lucky enough to get a table)

Date of visit: November 2020