“London Black Taxi Tours”

London Black Taxi Tours
Ranked #12 of 787 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London Black Taxi Tours offers you the opportunity to visit and explore the sights of London from the comfort and convenience of an iconic London Black Taxi. My tours will show you some of London's greatest sights, providing you with wonderful memories of this magnificent city. I have been a licensed London Hackney Carriage Taxi driver for 30 years having passed the world renowned 'Knowledge of London' which involves several years of studying London. I am also a fully qualified Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers, London Tour Guide. My aim is to provide you with a fantastic day out and an unforgettable tour of this great City.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

This was by far our best tour in London. Michael is the quintessential gentleman and grand patron of London history and tradition. The four hour tour is recommended for a most comprehensive view of most all of London’s sites. He offers entertaining commentary the entire journey all the while allowing you time to take in each site. He is flexible if you desire a stop along the route. He has detailed knowledge as well as some personal and humorous additions. It was the best way to get a sense of the layout of London and see more than we could possibly have navigated on our own. We highly encourage this tour!

All reviews
"great tour"
in 53 reviews
"four hours"
in 29 reviews
"great overview of the city"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 26 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 12 reviews
"points of interest"

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Michael is the real deal. Don't hesitate to use his services. Michael is courteous, professional, informative and sincere in his desire to show both what you want to see and what he thinks you should see. In a 1/2 day he showed us all the major London sights and took us to out of the way spots highlighting everyone from the Beatles to famous politicians. My wife particularly enjoyed walking around the Princess Di fountain. Don't think twice - contact Michael. You will get more than your money's worth.

PS Michael made an appointment for us to lunch at The Grenadier. Best fish and chips we ate in London.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We live in London and booked this tour for a friend who was visiting for the city for the first time and I joined in. Michael added personal touches that made the tour extra special, and he made our friend feel so welcome. He is also a consummate gentleman, racing to open our door among other chivalrous acts. Michael takes you to all the expected tourist destinations, but even better are the lesser known spots that you will see. You will learn so much about the city. He also picks up on the little things and makes the tour personalized --I had mentioned in passing my affinity for the blue plaques for example, and much to my delight he went out of his way to show us the most extraordinary ones. I have already recommended this tour to other friends that are planning a visit, and I would join right in again.

2  Thank utahgatorsticks
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Where do I even begin??? Mr. Churchill is fun, informative, funny, polite and we honestly mention the tour daily since getting home a week ago. Not only did this tour make our entire trip memorable, but Mr. Churchill made sure to give us little trinkets so that we never forget London. His cab is extremely comfortable with great sound so you can easily hear his voice while he drives you around. He doesn't drive crazy at all either which is good because I get motion sickness easily. He gave us a great tour, gave us time to take photos and even get out at any stop when we wanted!!! I reccommend eating a nice big breakfast before the tour begins so you don't waste time stopping to try to find snacks. However, halfway through the tour he stops at a little cafe for you so you can hop out to get snacks and use the restroom. My son, who is just 7 years old, remembers everything Mr. Churchill said. Not only was he entertained the entire tour, but Mr. Churchill gave him little trinkets to keep for himself. We stayed 3 more days after the tour and went back to a few of the places Mr. Churchill showed us. Had we not gone on that tour, we would have missed out of some of the best times our lives. We went up in the shard, which overlooks all of London, and we walked across the wibbly wobbly bridge haha! We learned about these places from the tour and are so grateful that we did. I highly recommend this tour and if you are having second thoughts, don't! It'll make your trip to London amazing!