“Marvelous Tour, Perfect Guide!”

London Black Taxi Tours
Ranked #12 of 787 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London Black Taxi Tours offers you the opportunity to visit and explore the sights of London from the comfort and convenience of an iconic London Black Taxi. My tours will show you some of London's greatest sights, providing you with wonderful memories of this magnificent city. I have been a licensed London Hackney Carriage Taxi driver for 30 years having passed the world renowned 'Knowledge of London' which involves several years of studying London. I am also a fully qualified Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers, London Tour Guide. My aim is to provide you with a fantastic day out and an unforgettable tour of this great City.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 21 March 2011

My family and I had the pleasure of touring London in March for a four hour tour with Michael Churchill in his brand new London Black Taxi. Michael is an exemplary, gracious and knowledgeable professional. He does not miss a beat. From the first contact to the last good-bye, he makes you feel as if you are special friends. He went out of his way to to deliver every request (including several bathroom stops) with ease and elegance. This was quite simply the best experience we had in London! We will not hesitate to book with Michael again on our next trip. There is much more to see and experience in this amazing city and we would not go with any other company! Also...great value for the dollar. Thank you Michael!

All reviews
"great tour"
in 53 reviews
"four hours"
in 29 reviews
"great overview of the city"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 26 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 12 reviews
"points of interest"

Reviewed 21 March 2011

I was in Elstree for a business trip and had one day free to visit a few sites in London. After reading previous reviews here, I contacted Michael and on very short notice he was able to accommodate my schedule. I chose the 1/2 day tour. Michael was quick to respond via email and offer suggestions for the tour and even sent me the best way to get into London to meet him. His cab was brand new and sparkled and he was even able to provide me a cell phone to reach him when mine cell phone failed. He was full of great information and squeezed a ton of sites and information into a very short time. Not only did I see the major sites, but he pointed out some smaller historical buildings that I wouldn't have found on my own. He even provided a packet of information after the tour should I ever make a return visit.

Michael was a great guide and I would highly recommend his tour to anyone.

Reviewed 19 March 2011

Very worthwhile if you have just little time to show your friends or family the major sights of London.

Reviewed 16 March 2011

Beyond a doubt the best money well spent on our trip! London Black Taxi Tours is a great way to get an overview of the city, which can be a bit overwhelming when trying to figure out what you want to see (you want to see it all, right?). Michael tailors your tour to exactly what you ask & is the best way to get the highlights of the city, or even something more in depth if you have a specific agenda (i.e., WWII history, royal London, etc.).

Michael picked us up from our hotel & our tour began right away with our neighborhood! He is definitely a walking encyclopedia of London history & was well-prepared with easy to read written summaries of the sites we were seeing.

We wish we had booked a second 1/2 day with him, and would not hesitate to recommend to recommend him!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 February 2011

This is an opportunity not to be missed! I cannot think of a better way to see London.

Michael is an affable walking-talking encyclopedia of knowledge and anecdote - all delivered with friendly spontaneity and joviality.

You will need to go a long, long way to better such an experience and opportunity.

He has a refreshing and unassuming manner which belies his bredth of experience and enthusiam. He is flexible and able to adapt to respond to particular interests or to focus on specific localities. Michael quickly establishes a convivial rapport with Groups and arranges convenient "stop-offs" for visitors to "stretch one's legs" to make their own mini explorations and discoveries.

Although my trip was within an adult party, I am confident that he could equally captivate the interests of youngsters as well.

Should you think to hesitate - do so no more. As the Nike dictum has it "Just do it". Again, as a well known company proclaims - "Yoy can be sure of it - I've put my name to it!"

Terry Woolgar