3 people are viewing this hotel
US$862
Free cancellation until 13/08/21
US$861
Free cancellation until 15/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$800
Free cancellation until 11/08/21
Hotels.comUS$861
PricelineUS$862
Official WebsiteUS$863
1,901 results
All reviews afternoon tea china tang alain ducasse dorchester collection park lane pure luxury room service bottle of champagne beautiful room birthday treat worcester concierge savoy
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021

We have just returned from the most wonderful 3 night honeymoon at the Dorchester. We were warmly welcomed and lucky enough to be upgraded to a fabulous and totally sumptuous Mayfair suite. We had opted for the romance package so were met with champagne, flowers, chocolates, cake and a Dorchester diffuser. The suite was beyond our wildest dreams. Beautifully decorated and so well appointed.
A big shout out to Housekeeping. They visited twice a day, at a time to suit us. The suite was spotless.
We ordered room service breakfast twice which was set up beautifully on our dining room table. The food was so delicious and so plentiful. It kept us going all day!
We visited the bar one evening for cocktails. The staff were very friendly and knowledgable.
We also sampled a complimentary guest experience. A tour of the Dorchester. Our guide gave us an interesting insight into the hotels past and we were lucky enough to be shown the ballroom and Eisenhower Suite.
If you can afford it, we would totally recommend the Dorchester. You will be truly spoilt and so well looked after. A great hotel!

Date of stay: June 2021
Mirko Cattini, Owner at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sally S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We genuinely value and appreciate your feedback and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for choosing to have your honeymoon with us and I am delighted to hear that you felt well cared for by all of our team members in every department. I am thrilled you enjoyed the upgrade as well as Champagne, flowers, cake, and chocolate, and you had the opportunity to experience a tour of the hotel. I will pass on your very kind words to all of the team here who I know will be delighted.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the near future Sally S and if I can be of any assistance in the meantime please feel free to reach out.

The Dorchester

Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews but this visit definitely warrants one.

I visited today (yes- couldn't wait to get home to write it!) and there was one word for my visit- incredible.

I came for Afternoon Tea and from the moment we walked in, the service, greetings, atmosphere and food was impeccable. You may say that 'it's a 5* hotel- you should expect nothing less;' however, I have been to many 5* hotels and none of them come close.

My friend came with her baby daughter and the staff were so loving, kind and helpful towards them. They brought her balloons to keep her entertained and were so pleasant.

I would like to give a special mention to one particular gentleman who goes by the name Anwar. I have never experienced such exceptional service from an individual before and I have dined in the finest restaurants around the world- Anwar was memorable- to the point where I had to take a photo of him so I could tell my friends to look out for him when they visit! He was so bubbly, professional, attentive, efficient accommodating and funny! He is just the best! I can't think of any other superlatives to describe him. I have never experienced such service- His love and passion for his job just exudes through his personality. He is so amazing. Thank you for employing him because its people like him that make a visit memorable.

I will be back again this time for a short stay too- I am certain I will experience the same level of perfect service.
THANK YOU!!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous afternoon tea . Lovely staff and the scones are the best here. Beautiful experience always My husband and I love celebrating special occasions here. Always a pleasure to be back. Highly recommend the rose tea. Bathrooms are an added bonus

Room tip: Ask for halal option when booking
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

It was wonderful to stay at The Dorchester Hotel again.

Some superb highs, including a spectacular room upgrade with many lovely touches and an historic dinner with personal attention from the Executive Chef, Mario Paretta and amazing cooking of his Sri Lankan favourites.

Room service was another high at both breakfast and dinner. Again, with stunning service and presentation. Yet there were elements where it was clear that this wonderful hotel is just trying to find its feet again having been closed for so long. Don’t get me wrong everyone was very kind and helpful, but things that you’d take for granted in a five star hotel with this reputation just sometimes didn’t happen. Things like missed items at breakfast, service in The Promenade was mixed and similarly sometimes when we arrived back from shopping we were asked were we checking in. Small things, but important too when you’re paying top dollar. But these things aside, The Dorchester does well and we’ll be back as soon as we can.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Knightsbridgetripper
Mirko Cattini, Owner at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Knightsbridgetripper,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We genuinely value and appreciate your comments and we are very happy you enjoyed your room upgrade and time with Chef Mario.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the areas where we can improve and thank you also for your understanding around these issues while we find our feet again now we have reopen. I have shared your feedback with the teams and we will provide additional training to ensure these issues don’t continue to happen.

Thank you once again for your wonderfully kind words Knightsbridgetripper and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

Unbelievable staff, unbelievable service. The whole team at The Dorchester were so polite, friendly and professional. Again it was a pleasure stopping at this iconic hotel which has some great views of Hyde Park. Until next time thankyou.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 757hardeeps,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit celebrating your wife’s birthday. It’s so wonderful to hear that you felt well cared for by our great team of service professionals and thank you so much for your kind words about them, I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team.

Thank you once again for your wonderfully kind feedback 757hardeeps, we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to The Dorchester in the near future.