1,027 results
All reviews the club lounge the palm court artesian bar afternoon tea portland place regent street grand hotel oxford circus five star hotel cocktail bar executive room fabulous hotel home away from home nespresso machine roux wigmore luxury
Reviewed 9 October 2018

When you walk into the Langham, it is grand indeed. We were there over the Christmas holiday and the lobby and downstairs facilities were magnificent--akin to the grandness you would expect from a Downtown Abbey-esque building. From the awe-inspiring architecture, to the décor and down to the cute pink suits some of the staff wore, entering the Langham was a sight to behold and was every bit of a five star experience, but the lobby and the common facilities is where that five star ends. We reserved the entry level room and when we walked in, we were appalled. There appeared to be what may have been a blood stain on the curtain, the bed mattress had caved in on itself and there was hair in the tub. I used Downtown Abbey as an analogy, but I doubt seriously, even Mr. Carsen would have tolerated a room in the servant's quarter in such a state. The staff member who came to view the room, said she was disappointed and surprised. Later, the staff came by with a list of rooms in the same category to choose from and had us wander around the hotel to inspect them ourselves (it was around midnight and I was not feeling well).

I debated a 2 or 3 star rating, but as a five star hotel the Langham must be held to a higher standard. The staff did try to make amends and was kind enough to send me a hot tea, because they knew I was fighting a cold/flu. But I'm still perplexed as to the Langham's rating on trip advisor. I can only assume that the higher level rooms are the antithesis of our room. I find myself avoiding Langham hotels when booking in other cities, which is why I was compelled to write this review. I value the tripadvisor ratings and use them frequently and it is only fair that I provide a review of our experience, which was less than stellar. In summary, the common area is magnificent and five star all the way, the entry level room was abysmal, and the staff was above average, but a five star hotel has to be excellent in all of those categories. The Langham was not.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank belleslady
Bobv1355, General Manager at The Langham, London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Belleslady,

Thank you for you taking the time to post a detailed review of your stay here at The Langham, London. I am extremely disappointed that in this instance we failed to exceed your expectations. In light of this, please may I ask you to contact our Hotel Manager, Nicholas Davies, directly as he would welcome an opportunity of speaking to you personally.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Location is perfect
Lobby is stunning. Bedroom very comfortable . Customer care on high level. You feel welcomed and recognized.
The pub is top for last beer
One point to improve: breakfast is simply too prohibitely expensive. Expresso and coffee is simply awfull.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear baladeur 78,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Langham, London. I greatly appreciate receiving your feedback and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the beer offerings in The Wigmore. With regard to your comment concerning the price of breakfast, please rest assured we are in-line with our competitors who charge a similar fee for breakfast but I do appreciate your feedback. Once again, thank you for sharing your review and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Langham, London in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t believe it but our room was not ready when we checked in. Front desk treated it like this was standard operating procedure for a five star hotel. Small things continued to go wrong. We needed to get the air conditioning fixed. When they brought an additional luggage rack , they didn’t bother to ask if they could put the suitcase on it. Staff seemed untrained for that level of hotel.... just saying.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank bethl162

Dear Beth L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Langham, London. I have to say I am extremely disappointed to read your comments as I have personally spoken to the Club Lounge team who checked you and your mother into the hotel. I can see that you arrived just before normal check-in time at 3.00pm and we proceeded to have your rooms ready just shortly after 3.10pm. Unfortunately I have no record of issues with the AC being reported with either room and I have spoken to Cristina who engaged with you during your stay to see if she recalls any issues being reported and also the request for an additional luggage rack. Rest assured I do take all feedback most seriously and if you are able to shed any light on the above, then please do reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Wow, afternoon tea today was the best I’ve ever had, and I’ve been to quite a few. The best thing about afternoon tea has to be the service. Attentive and informative. I have to say Matt went the extra mile for us, and made our friends from Malaysia feel very special. He handled our table with elegance and humour! Matt was brilliant, a real sweet guy! I would recommend a visit here for the amazing experience and if you get Matt serving you it is an added bonus! A credit to Langham’s!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear NicWest66

What a fantastic review to read following what can only be described as a most enjoyable afternoon tea experience in the legendary Palm Court! As an Afternoon tea aficionado, you know only too well what to expect from a tea service. I am absolutely thrilled that we excelled ourselves not only with the tea offering, but with the excellent service afforded to you by Matt! Matt indeed is a great asset to Palm Court and always goes that extra mile to ensure our guests leave the restaurant feeling as thought they have experienced something different in terms of true hospitality. Thank you for taking the time to share your appreciation with me and I very much hope you will return to The Langham, London again in the future for another amazing afternoon tea experience!

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Stayed here for four days on business with my partner and generally speaking have to say I like it given the prices of London hotels in comparison to the level of quality and standard here.

We availed ourselves of the Club lounge where all the drinks and nibbles were included and have to say the staff were excellent, polite and courteous.

Did not get the chance to use the pool etc as time was tight for us with business and plus the fact it was a bit of a hike from our rooms but all in all a very good and high standard for the price given it is a high-end London hotel.

Only gripe here is we had to wait for rather a long time at one f the restaurants for dinner as they were rather busy.

Only negative about this hotel is the shower was never much better than tepid heat.

Did mention this and was told it would be looked into but found out from one of the staff that it is an ongoing issue with the hotel.

End of the day, clean rooms GREAT mega size beds, good customer service.

Will stay again but will get a room closer to the pool and hopefully closer to the hot water feed for the shower.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Fredo80

Dear Fredo80,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Langham, London for business and I certainly appreciate receiving your constructive feedback. When booking an Executive room category or higher you also get the added benefit of enjoying the services offered in the Club Lounge......whether it be for breakfast, cream tea or evening snacks and refreshments the Lounge is certainly a most welcome outlet to return too at the end of a busy day of meetings. Thank you for complimenting the team on the high levels of service afforded to you in this outlet. I take on board your comments regarding the F&B outlets and the water temperature........our Director of Engineering has thoroughly checked the room allocated to you and I can confirm that the water temperature is as it should be. I apologise if this caused you any inconvenience during your stay and I have also noted your preference to be close to the pool on future stays. I would recommend that you reserve accommodation in the Regent Wing as this provides easy access to the Chuan Body + Soul Spa and health club offerings. Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback and I very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Langham, London on many future occasions.