“Cruise Liners Exhibition”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$24.68*
and up
Ocean Liners: Speed and Style Exhibition at the...
Ranked #4 of 1,828 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The world's greatest museum of art and design.The V&A's collections are unrivalled in their diversity. Explore historical and contemporary art and design, including works of art from many of the world's richest cultures. Admission free.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well worth a viewing. A lot of work has gone into this exhibition and it's paid off. A trip back down memory lane. Somewhat niggled that there was a charge when most of the V&A is free. Scope for a lot more it brought up-to-date.

Write a ReviewReviews (26,378)
All reviews
in 448 reviews
"interests"
in 202 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited during a snowy day in February and the snow certainly hadn't put people off visiting. Sadly we arrived later than hoped due to reduced public transport into London and cut our day short due to transport concerns getting home. I had never visited this museum before and will definitely be go back as we didn't get to see all of the museum. The main museum is free admission, but there are charges for the temporary exhibitions.

My daughter was doing research for her A Level Art course work and particularly wanted to see the William Morris exhibits which form part of the permanent exhibition, she was not disappointed and gathered more info than she thought she would find.

The staff we asked for help finding the right galleries we really helpful.

The museum shops had lots of good gifts and books related to the items on display and I didn't think it was over priced.

We stopped off for drink and snack before heading home and the restaurant had a good selection of hot and cold drinks and cakes, but sadly no cakes suitable for vegans.

1  Thank Cath R
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A lovely museum with loads to see for free also located close to the natural history museum.

The different exhibits that have passed through over the years have always been worth the entry fee. One that springs to mind is the Hollywood costumes exhibit a few years back which included the costume worn by Judy Garland in the mgm wizard of oz.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It's huge and enormous building hiding the secrets of art and usable decoration items. Normally groups choosing the Natural History Museum or the Science Museum located close to V&A however in my opinion this gallery is a need in London city Break. What is more, usually you do not have to quee to the entrance so you can just walk in and fell free to enjoy a fantastic place.

1  Thank londynguide
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been to London on several occassions and never made it here. WOW WOW WOW. The museum is free but they appreciate donations. It is eyeopening from the moment you walk in. The building itself is a work of art as it is very old. The different exhibitions are done very well. I enjoyed the section regarding Christian relics and history. It was amazing. Easy to get around albeit I did get lost a couple of times to my benefit I found another wonderful room. The amount of relics and antiquities is truly unbelieveable. I cannot say enough great things about this place. I arrived mid afternoon on Wednesday and it was NOT crowded at all. In fact, the other nearby museums were crowded with student visitors but not here. The entire museum took me 3 hours but I walked every area but one. I could have stayed another hour easily. If you don't have that much time, just pick the few rooms you want to visit and search those out. It is worth every minute you can spare to take it all in. HIGHLY recommend this one.

2  Thank Spary09